dlmorgan999

Hello from Oregon

My name is Dave and I'm from the beautiful state of Oregon in the USA.

I've been doing LEGO for about six months now (and I'm 59 and never did it as a kid!).  I've had a number of hobbies over the years (woodworking, painting, 3D printing, others), but none has pulled me in as much as LEGO.

It's just a great hobby for so many reasons.  I particularly like that I don't need to dedicate large blocks of time (which is often true for my other hobbies).  Whether I have a few hours or only 15 minutes I can still work on LEGO.

I've built a number of large sets so far.  The very first one I did was the big UCS Millennium Falcon.  I've also done Tower Bridge, Big Ben, London Bus, Mini Cooper, Saturn V, Mack Anthem truck, Old Fishing Store and a few others but I found that I really enjoy buildings and architecture and especially the modular buildings.

So far I have the Brick Bank, Detective's Office, Parisian Restaurant, Assembly Square, and Corner Garage (the last three are currently in the to-be-built backlog).  I was also able to get Pet Shop and Palace Cinema - both brand new and both at just about original retail price. :classic:  As such, I've been keeping up with the LEGO Town forum regularly.

I bought quite a few bulk lots early on but found that I was still always running into not having the parts I needed.  Now I've become close personal friends with Bricklink :wink: and that's greatly helped with my desire to start creating MOCs.  I'm currently working on my first MOC - a modular building - and I'll post something about it soon.

My eventual goal (hope?) is to build a city, but like many others I have to find the space first.  I suspect I'll have to initially start out with just shelves.

I still have lots to learn (which is a big reason I joined the forum) but it's been a very fun process so far.

Welcome to EB, Dave!  It sounds like you've really hit the ground running, and Modulars/architecture is definitely an area where you'll see plenty of support and inspiration for on Eurobricks.  Happy to have you with us and looking forward to your MOCs.  Happy building!  :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks, Dave.

It really sounds like you've gone all in!

If you ever build your city, please share some pictures so that we can all have a gander.

1 hour ago, leafan said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, Dave.

It really sounds like you've gone all in!

If you ever build your city, please share some pictures so that we can all have a gander.

Thanks!  It will likely be a while before I can do a city, but if I get to that point I will definitely post some photos!

Right now I'm wondering if I really want to post photos of my first modular MOC since it's soooo basic compared to the masterpieces posted by others here. :oh:

8 hours ago, deraven said:

Welcome to EB, Dave!  It sounds like you've really hit the ground running, and Modulars/architecture is definitely an area where you'll see plenty of support and inspiration for on Eurobricks.  Happy to have you with us and looking forward to your MOCs.  Happy building!  :classic:

Thanks for the warm welcome! :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks! Right now I really want a UCS falcon too, but the price is just too much...

7 hours ago, Technics said:

Welcome Dave.

Thanks! :classic:

6 hours ago, Reaper said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! Right now I really want a UCS falcon too, but the price is just too much...

Thanks.  I can certainly understand about the cost of the UCS Falcon.