Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

At this rate, we’ll probably see official images before these leaked ones

I hope so :grin: This obviously just serves as a means to generate more views and gain followers, so wouldn‘t it be hilarious if someone else upended their plans by releasing the pictures now, especially if that someone was TLG themselves? :head_back:

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

At this rate, we’ll probably see official images before these leaked ones

Honestly. Maybe someone else who has the same pictures will end up leaking them. I want to see them so badly, but the official images definitely can't be very far off, so I suppose I'm fine with waiting a little longer than expected for some much better quality pictures.

I mean, I believe nino when he says he’s waiting for his source to give him the green light, that stuff happens all the time. I’m not necessarily blaming him for the let down, but regardless, it has been a let down and it’s taking forever. I can’t wait for to see these sets, they are my most highly anticipated sets of the year. I would rather get the official reveals than blurry images anyway, so hurry up Lego!

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I mean, I believe nino when he says he’s waiting for his source to give him the green light, that stuff happens all the time. I’m not necessarily blaming him for the let down, but regardless, it has been a let down and it’s taking forever. 

Yeah, I totally understand why he's not leaking them yet. All I'm hoping for now is that when he does get the green light he'll just post them all at once.

1 minute ago, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

Yeah, I totally understand why he's not leaking them yet. All I'm hoping for now is that when he does get the green light he'll just post them all at once.

Yeah me too, or at least if he has to do it one by one, hopefully it’s all still in the same day

This is getting crazy, for my own health and sanity I should check back in a week, so images are a given (I hope LMAO). This damn plastic brick addiction...?

If these are released earlier then enjoy guys!?

Edited by Otherworld

17 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This is getting crazy, for my own health and sanity I should check back in a week, so images are a given (I hope LMAO). This damn plastic brick addiction...?

If these are released earlier then enjoy guys!?

Haha same! checking ig and here every 5mins to see if I can get my new leak-fix xD

7 hours ago, Seaber said:

This isn't a criticism, but I wonder if Lego have perhaps gone through the Harry Potter vehicles too quickly.

The Wizarding World theme is probably the only licensed theme besides Minecraft that does well without having to rely on vehicles, so it shouldn‘t matter that they‘ve already burnt through all of the major ones :wink: The location-based sets have always been the bread and butter of the theme, I mean just look at the level of detail of the interiors versus the location-based sets of other themes (with exceptions like the Sanctum Sanctorum, which is still a bit emptier than your average HP interior though). The crazy amount of accessories in Hagrid‘s Hut is also noteworthy, it even puts a lot of Friends sets to shame :laugh:

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I could see a privet drive based off any of the films tbh:

philosphers stone:

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, harry (baby), Hagrid, dumbledore, mcgonnagoll

chamber of secrets:

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, Dudley, harry, dobby 

prisoner of Azkaban: 

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, harry, Dudley, Marge

whilst it could be from some of the latter films I doubt it- I am also planning to build the privet drive from the build your own adventure book- so I’m hoping we get the dursley’s in a CMF series 2

and I’m strongly hoping for a dementor attack set for order of the Phoenix with Dudley, harry and dementor next year

Or- wee could get a 7 Harry's set (with only one Harry) and throw in sirius/hagrids bike and the characters who are in that scene. As for the dementor attack, I want that as well. It should be cheaper than expecto and have Harry, Dudley and 2 dementors. Not sure what the build would be though

16 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

Yo Nino and I are close friend and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t say he is lying. He also told me to say more sets are on the way,

Well when he said more sets would leak soon then didn't tell everyone he had to wait for his source till a day later, I assumed he was lying before he said he needed his source. It was just an opinion, not a fact

2 minutes ago, Darth Talon said:

Or- wee could get a 7 Harry's set (with only one Harry) and throw in sirius/hagrids bike and the characters who are in that scene. As for the dementor attack, I want that as well. It should be cheaper than expecto and have Harry, Dudley and 2 dementors. Not sure what the build would be though

Even though they encountered the Dementors Under a bridge, I think a playground would be the best bet for that scene since it would attract more kids than a circular hole with Harry Dudley and 2 Dementors

3 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

Even though they encountered the Dementors Under a bridge, I think a playground would be the best bet for that scene since it would attract more kids than a circular hole with Harry Dudley and 2 Dementors

That's what I was thinking. And a playground would take up a lot less pieces than a bridge. A swing and a merry go round and that's it.

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Wizarding World theme is probably the only licensed theme besides Minecraft that does well without having to rely on vehicles, so it shouldn‘t matter that they‘ve already burnt through all of the major ones :wink: The location-based sets have always been the bread and butter of the theme, I mean just look at the level of detail of the interiors versus the location-based sets of other themes (with exceptions like the Sanctum Sanctorum, which is still a bit emptier than your average HP interior though). The crazy amount of accessories in Hagrid‘s Hut is also noteworthy, it even puts a lot of Friends sets to shame :laugh:

WW not having a lot of vehicles is a very good thing. I'm not a fan of vehicle sets, which is why I don't like lego Star Wars (even though I love both lego and Star Wars). There's just something about location sets that works for me and something about vehicle sets that really doesn't work

9 minutes ago, Darth Talon said:

As for the dementor attack, I want that as well. It should be cheaper than expecto and have Harry, Dudley and 2 dementors. Not sure what the build would be though

I highly doubt LEGO would make 2 cheap Dementor sets, at least not back-to-back. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not anytime soon.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I highly doubt LEGO would make 2 cheap Dementor sets, at least not back-to-back. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not anytime soon.

I think it makes sense, people can get more dementors, and it makes them more money from people who buy 10 of the same set to build a dementor army. It's a win for everyone

Just now, Darth Talon said:

I think it makes sense, people can get more dementors, and it makes them more money from people who buy 10 of the same set to build a dementor army. It's a win for everyone

It would only come with 1 dementor (I know there were 2 in the scene) because it would be a £12/$15 set

Best scenario is if they would start making Battle Packs (same 4 figures + build concept as the Star Wars ones). There are so many things they could do:

- 4 Hogwarts houses (maybe 1 with small legs, 2 with mid legs and 1 with normal legs), builds could be small commonroom things

- Dementors

- Snatchers,

- Death Eaters

- Centaurs

- Ministry peeps

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Best scenario is if they would start making Battle Packs (same 4 figures + build concept as the Star Wars ones). There are so many things they could do:

- 4 Hogwarts houses (maybe 1 with small legs, 2 with mid legs and 1 with normal legs), builds could be small commonroom things

- Dementors

- Snatchers,

- Death Eaters

- Centaurs

- Ministry peeps

Really like the idea of a hogwarts student and death eater battle packs! good idea

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

- Dementors

- Snatchers,

- Death Eaters

- Centaurs

- Ministry peeps

Don’t forget a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff Quidditch pack, with 2 players from each house.

(I can put them on the scoreboard of the Quidditch set, now give me the actual players Lego)

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff Quidditch pack, with 2 players from each house.

(I can put them on the scoreboard of the Quidditch set, now give me the actual players Lego)

As much as I would love all houses in Quidditch uniforms, it won’t happen because Lego bases the sets off the movies and we never see a Ravenclaw Quidditch match in the movies. We see Hufflepuff play once I believe but that’s it

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As much as I would love all houses in Quidditch uniforms, it won’t happen because Lego bases the sets off the movies and we never see a Ravenclaw Quidditch match in the movies. We see Hufflepuff play once I believe but that’s it

True - the sets are based off movie scenes, but the battle packs don’t necessarily have to. Plus, I don’t think Dumbledore ever says his line about socks in the first movie, but they still included that panel for the mirror of esired. 

They also have all the characters they’d need already in the movies (albeit not in Quidditch gear) Cedric Diggory and Zacharias Smith from Hufflepuff, and Cho Chang and Roger Davies from Ravenclaw. The Wizarding World parks are also based off the movies but you can still get loads of Ravenclaw Quidditch merch, so the designs are already there too. 

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

True - the sets are based off movie scenes, but the battle packs don’t necessarily have to. Plus, I don’t think Dumbledore ever says his line about socks in the first movie, but they still included that panel for the mirror of esired. 

They also have all the characters they’d need already in the movies (albeit not in Quidditch gear) Cedric Diggory and Zacharias Smith from Hufflepuff, and Cho Chang and Roger Davies from Ravenclaw. The Wizarding World parks are also based off the movies but you can still get loads of Ravenclaw Quidditch merch, so the designs are already there too. 

Well I hope it happens sometime down the road, it would certainly be nice to actually fill the Quidditch pitch with players (got two sets to make the full field).

Even though I’ve lost hope for these leaked images, I still can’t help but check IG every so often only to be disappointed again. 

2 hours ago, Darth Talon said:

Well when he said more sets would leak soon then didn't tell everyone he had to wait for his source till a day later, I assumed he was lying before he said he needed his source. It was just an opinion, not a fact

He told me when I asked him (the same day that he posted the firsts leak) that he had to ask his source