Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Lol we can only hope it is just a preliminary.

Someone had commented that Lloyd's hair would suit Harry, I would very much prefer it over the Anakin version but the latter is accurate too! Also, browsing bricklink for accurate hairpieces and heads, I realized Barbara Gordon's ponytail would suit Yule Ball Hermione perfectly! All brown/light brown obviously.

Anyone know where the leaks are? I've been looking through IG but I've seen nothing. 

58 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

LdaTh3cl.jpg

@Geoh :wink:

Edit: Krum’s hairdo is probably the best choice among the currently available hairpieces (apart from him being bald, like Wong for instance) since buzz cuts are really hard to represent in minifig form. At least they didn’t go for the slicked-back hair piece :tongue:

Overall, some of the decisions are a bit questionable, but at least they went for rare pieces :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

@Geoh :wink:

Thanks so much! But my lord, that face for Krum, I'm probably gonna swap it out with the 2005 face when it comes out...

ok I never was a fan of harry potter or am now but I would like to know was there ever a villain centred set with the primary build being a dark wizards castle or lair I know about the old chamber of secrets set with the basilisk but was there more

2 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

ok I never was a fan of harry potter or am now but I would like to know was there ever a villain centred set with the primary build being a dark wizards castle or lair I know about the old chamber of secrets set with the basilisk but was there more

The Graveyard Duel set from 2005 comes to mind, which is rumored to be remade this year :wink: You can’t get much darker than that, at least in this theme.

I just looked up the price of the old Merpeople Rescue set to find an old Krum and it goes for $300 MIB! I hope the last confidential is the Second Task. 

It would make sense too and I would be over the moon to fully round out GOF. The first four released in June would be Expecto Patronum, Hagrid's Hut, Knight Bus, First task, Watchtower/Yule Ball, covering POA and the first half of GOF. Then have in August the second half of GOF with the Merpeople Rescue and Graveyard Duel which is already rumoured. 4 from POA: Hogwarts Express, Hagrid's Hut, Knight Bus, Expecto Patronum. 4 from GOF: First Task, Watchtower/Yule Ball, Merpeople Rescue, Graveyard Duel 

Edited by RODDY

Do you guys think they'll make a new piece for Krum once they make a set based on the Second Task or just reuse the Atlantis sharkpiece?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Do you guys think they'll make a new piece for Krum once they make a set based on the Second Task or just reuse the Atlantis sharkpiece?

Considering we didn't get new hair for Krum, we'll probably get that piece re-used.

I've also realized, if we are getting a graveyard set, and if Cedric is included, how would you think they would make it different to the one from the CMF range? I'd say maybe a "battle damage" variant with dirty clothes and scratches. 

Edited by Geoh

The Atlantis piece has been retired for a very long time, not sure they’d bring it back. It would work perfectly though. They’d probably introduce a new piece. They could use the new Mysterio bubble piece for fluer  and  Cedrics charm

Just now, Whovastron said:

They could use the new Mysterio bubble piece for fluer  and  Cedrics charm

Except they wouldn’t be able to wear their hairpieces, which would look quite awkward I imagine :grin:

Just now, Whovastron said:

They could use the new Mysterio bubble piece for fluer  and  Cedrics charm

Except they wouldn’t be able to wear their hairpieces, which would look quite awkward I imagine :grin:

The charm that Cedric and Fleur use only cover the mouth and nose, so using the Mysterio bubble would be dumb af, they would need a new part for it, a clear lower head piece, like the highwayman mask, but bubbly

10 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Considering we didn't get new hair for Krum, we'll probably get that piece re-used.

I've also realized, if we are getting a graveyard set, and if Cedric is included, how would you think they would make it different to the one from the CMF range? I'd say maybe a "battle damage" variant with dirty clothes and scratches. 

I just think they wouldn't include him at all, these are kids toys in the end. That's why I think they put him in the CMF so you could still get him and recreate the scene accurately. Minifigs would probably be Harry, Voldemort either baby or not, Wormtail, Lucius, and a generic death eater similar lineup to the original one. 

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

I just think they wouldn't include him at all, these are kids toys in the end. That's why I think they put him in the CMF so you could still get him and recreate the scene accurately. Minifigs would probably be Harry, Voldemort either baby or not, Wormtail, Lucius, and a generic death eater similar lineup to the original one. 

Yeah, no chance in hell would we get Cedric in the Graveyard set

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

Yeah, no chance in hell would we get Cedric in the Graveyard set

I agree. Playsets based around death scenes are a rare commodity for good reasons :laugh: And killing Cedric, a good guy who’s still a teenager, is quite different to say, throwing Palpy down the reactor shaft in ROTJ which is almost comedic :grin: Or bisecting

Snoke

in TLJ.

Edited by Lego-Freak

I agree. Playsets based around death scenes are a rare commodity for good reasons :laugh: And killing Cedric, a good guy who’s still a teenager, is quite different to say, throwing Palpy down the reactor shaft in ROTJ which is almost comedic :grin:

Exactly, that’s why we’ve never had a Cedric before last year, because the only set he could’ve come in was where he died

Hm, when I think about it, there are actually quite a few playsets that depict death scenes (or could be slightly rearranged to do so): Satipo in the Temple Escape set, the Siafu ants in Indiana Jones 4, the Thrasher in the Infinity War sets (that kill a character who’s not included in that set, but that’s beside the point), a lot of Star Wars playsets, the Goblin King battle from the Hobbit and so on. What these have in common is that it’s always a bad guy who dies in the scenes depicted :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hm, when I think about it, there are actually quite a few playsets that depict death scenes (or count be slightly rearranged to do so): Satipo in the Temple Escape set, the Siafu ants in Indiana Jones 4, the Thrasher in the Infinity War sets (that kill a character who’s not included in that set, but that’s beside the point), a lot of Star Wars playsets, the Goblin King battle from the Hobbit and so on. What these have in common is that it’s always a bad guy who dies in the scenes depicted :laugh:

I think the difference is the Infinity War and Star Wars one’s leave no bodies behind, and the Goblin King is well... a goblin, Cedric is a human and you see his lifeless body, plus he’s only a teenager, whereas all others mentioned have been adults, I don’t think it’s got anything to do with it being bad guys, but those mentioned themes are more aimed at adults (as films) whereas HP is very much aimed at kids (except maybe the traumatic deaths of Dobby and Hedwig)

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

Did any of the figures from last years sets have re-used faces?

Susan Bones, Seamus Finnigan, Oliver Woods, Lucian Bole and the Trolley Witch all had reused faces :wink:

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, when I think about it, there are actually quite a few playsets that depict death scenes (or could be slightly rearranged to do so): Satipo in the Temple Escape set, the Siafu ants in Indiana Jones 4, the Thrasher in the Infinity War sets (that kill a character who’s not included in that set, but that’s beside the point), a lot of Star Wars playsets, the Goblin King battle from the Hobbit and so on. What these have in common is that it’s always a bad guy who dies in the scenes depicted :laugh:

not to mention the Jurassic world and park sets plenty of depicted deaths there

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Trasher set technically includes 2 deaths. It hints at Proxima Midnight with the Tresher itself and Corvus Glaive, who was impaled with his Glaive by Vision while fighting by the included labratory. 

Just imagine a GOT theme :laugh_hard: Gosh I would love that!

Just imagine a GOT theme :laugh_hard: Gosh I would love that!

I would buy every set without question

It’s very hard to believe they’re actually using that head for Krum since they were so accurate in the first wave and spared no expense on new moulds and prints. I believe the leakers but I’m very disappointed by it. How can a designer think they could put that face to that character? It makes no sense

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I think we’re digressing a little :grin: Bottom line: Cedric in all likelihood won’t be in the rumoured Graveyard Duel set, which isn’t a bad thing since we already have that version (including the portkey even), thus increasing the probability of some other characters to appear in the set (mainly Lucius Malfoy and Wormtail)

27 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Susan Bones, Seamus Finnigan, Oliver Woods, Lucian Bole and the Trolley Witch all had reused faces :wink:

They're all understandable, though.