Nidingsbane

[MOC] Wolfpack Renegades Motte-and-bailey

Greetings all!

This is my first MOC and I am humbled by the opportunity to present it to this esteemed community. But enough of this. Forward and onwards to the MOC.

The basis for this one is the 6075 Wolfpack Tower from 1992. I was always fascinated by the Wolfpack sets as a child and decided to do my own version, or a Wolfpack Tower 2.0 if you like. The idea I had was to make a more of a motte-and-bailey type of structure rather then a single tower. The two last factors I liked to put into my build was to as much as possible use elements and inspirations from the -80and -90 sets but give it a mixed feeling of let’s say classical sets and more recent ones from the Kingdom- series. And this is what I came up with.

30780153927_2a32969548_c.jpg

43903180370_47df4728b9_c.jpg

I wanted the whole structure to look like it had been abandoned for some time before the Wolfpack took over it. That is the feeling I got as a child from the 6075- set and something I tried to take further in the MOC.

44995823524_345b933abd_c.jpg

44995816594_7442a73f6e_c.jpg

I also decided to upgrade the Wolfpack itself so to speak and try to show its hierarchy and auxiliary forces which in my head should exist somewhere. Therefor I added a Wolfpack Leader, one Raiding Party Leader, a Quarter Master, smith and a stable boy in addition to the Wolfpack Renegades. And since there was no female character in the original Wolfpack, I added that as well.

44995822484_e2d44c643d_c.jpg

The setting for the MOC is that a Raiding Party has just come back, and the Raiding Party Leader is showing the Pack Leader the loot which is inspected by the Quarter Master as the rest of the Renegades refreshes with beer. One of the Renegades is making his way into the tower and another one is on sentry duty. The smith is working on a sword and the stable boy is feeding the Raid Party Leaders horse as he looks at the loot.

44995820144_b18f2da2c9_c.jpg

44995819064_b004da9fb2_c.jpg

Apart from the 6075- set the MOC is mainly made up of pieces from 6059 Knight’s Stronghold, 6040 Blacksmith Shop, 6041 Armor Shop and 6080 King's Castle.

Nice MOC.  I like the nod to the old Wolfpack set.  I have that one too and its a great set.  What you've done is pretty cool.  I like the weathered look of the fort.  The structure is nice and the small tower in the back is nicely done especially the roof.  Good job overall.  

Welcome to EB, Nidingsbane!

That's a nice throwback/tribute MOC.  I like all the activity inside with the raiding party returning, the little tree growing on a rock in the water, and especially that broken-down roof on the tower section.  Fun build!  :classic:

A small tip: your castle is mostly grey, so it'll be better to photograph it in front of different sheet, if you have an option. (I think yellow/green could work better.)
i like the tower, clever idea. Maybe make it a bit more higher. Lots of yellow deatails (that saddle!), this really brings life! I like the small stables and the armoury, including the tomahawk.
Nice one!

Thank you all for your responses. I do however agree that the photos probably would have been better with a different background and base. I will take that into concideration next time!

I think you've nailed the worn-down look of the fortress, but the motte should probably be raised a few bricks higher; they're currently right at sea level :grin:

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I think you've nailed the worn-down look of the fortress, but the motte should probably be raised a few bricks higher; they're currently right at sea level :grin:

Than you. I agree that the motte is not so much of a motte but I wanted to try and go for a classic castle look. I do however promise that the next one will be above sea level :wink:

Love the throwback vibe. Wolfpack was a great theme and I wish that it'd gone a bit bigger.