Sign in to follow this  
DonRamon1981

Hello from Berlin

Hello,

I am 37 years old now, born in Poland, raised in Germany with my family in Canada... 

I was 8 years old when the first ever pirate theme came out in 1989, and I was immediately in love. But because I was a fan of history I didn't like the fact that the pirates had unrealistic big ships and the soldiers, who in real life had the big ships, had smaller ones. So I wished for birthday and Christmas for lego pirates. And I get me two Caribbean clippersjust to make the black seas barracuda a blue coat ship. Until today it is my blue coat flag ship (we play it because of the fleur de lis on the flag as french) and one of my all time favourites. I just bought some new sails and minifigs to update it. I also updated my red coat (british) soldiers by adding to the small flagship the big one from 2010 and changed the two bounties to red coat ships. My son loves to play the British fleet. We added a custom made cargo ship and a pirate one. Instead if rebuilding my Rennegade Runner (historically the most realistic pirate ship and the last pirate ship in my childhood after I did not like the Skulls Eye Schooner because of the terrible colour scheme and that doors to the cabin that looked like taken from a farm from lego duplo...) I made a bigger pirate ship for my son. Makes it my fleet to 7 ships and Eldorado Fortress (with some black parts as I did not find the white ones anymore after almost 30 years...) my son is 5 and loves to play it and then I am a child again and play with him. 

I liked a lot of moc ships, as I like it realistic I like the soldier mocs most, as I still don't like that wrong romantic idea of big Pirate ships like in Lego mostly released or in POTC. 

So as a AFOL Pirates (just that... my son got a lego train as well and a lot of tracks and I play with him that too, but as I never owned a lego train my heart belongs to the pirate theme).

Edited by DonRamon1981

Welcome to Eurobricks! Did you ever get to check out the Imperial Flagship from 2010? That is one of my biggest regrets as far as missed sets go.

Hello. It's been a while.

My son, almost 6 is playing regularly and I had to destroy my pirate mocfor rebuilding my old Carribean Clipper. 

And to answer the question I have the 2010 flagship it's my and my son's favourite. 

Here are the list of the ships we have, by age:

1. Carribean Clipper 

2. Black Seas Barracuda 

3. Imperial Flagship 1992

4. - Renegade Runner - but with extra hull parts build as a new blue coat ship something between the 92 Flagship and the Carribean Clipper. The mini figs are the blue coats of 2015.

5. Brickbeard's Bounty - back as a pirate ship for Captain Brick Beard.

6. Imperial Flagship 2010

7. The Brick Bounty serving as redcoat ship with the 2009/10 redcoats. 

Future plans changed as my son doesn't want me to build another big ship, he wants to have smaller, playable ships. For him even the size of the Barracuda is way too big to play proper as a child that age. His wishlist is to rebuild the most realistic pirate ship, the renegade runner, and the Armada Flagship. He likes the way Lego made the Spanish soldiers and he loves that many colours on the ship. But most he likes the playable size...

Here are some pictures of the Blue coat moc:

20190804-105254.jpg

20190804-105151.jpg

The red coat fleet, but like I mentioned the Barracuda is back at it's old self, Captain Roger'spirate ship... 

20190717-130720.jpg

Edited by DonRamon1981

...I will do that project with the renegade runner probably today or these days. But I just have the sails of the Redbeards runner as bought in eBay because I don't have the old sail just the front one left. I mean it has been in the basement if my nephews in Poland for more than 20 years. 

I will try it with the different sails, had to change some small parts in my Carribean Clipper too and have 2x new sails that's why I could still rebuild that one:

20190804-104641.jpg

As you can see, the yellow front plate is slightly different. Couldn't find the original one.

P.S. I have added a lego compass to the clipper. Even if I had to destroy my beautiful moc for that and left out some middle hull parts for the small clipper, it not only rebuild one of the most beautiful lego ships, it also opened up the way for the other moc. But like I said it will be the renegade runner again leaving out another mode hull part. 

Hey there! I think a more appropriate place to post all your builds is in the Pirates forum, where much more people can see it!

And hello ! welcome aboard !

you've got nice recreations of good old classic ships here !

Good to have you in the Pirates Forum !