Blip

[LDD] [MOC] Imperial DX-9 Troop Transport ...shuttle....thing.

Inspired by other users' versions a couple years ago; I built it to be as non "light-leaky" as possible for the sake of Bluerender lighting, but it's not perfect so I've omitted the lit shots.  Engine/missile pods are a tad oversized but I kinda liked the clunkiness of it...

44265731914_c016895d88_b.jpg

Imperial DX9 Troop Carrier by Lego Blip, on Flickr

Nice! Could use a little more detailing on the front "face" of the body compartment to break up the flat expanse, but otherwise looks great (and I do like the subtle variations in proportions, which still "work" and leave it quite recognizable.

Thanks! I do agree re the detailing. My aim at the time was simply to match most of the ref material I had to hand (so no heavy detailing greebs for most of it!); the one concession I made to diverge from "semi canon" was the beefier engines. :laugh:  If I ever pick up the base model again though, I'll definitely make some changes to both a few of the faces as well as the inner sides of the engine pods that look truly bare for my liking :classic:

(I say "base" model because I opened the file the other day to start tinkering and turning it into a Classic Space repaint - so there'll be a ton of greebles added then! :grin:)

Great! Is this the imperial boarding transport from x-wing series games, isn't it? It looks absolutely awesome!
Can you show few more shots? 

Thanks @Jerac! Will render and upload a couple more when I have some spare time to devote :)

On 10/29/2018 at 3:00 PM, Veynom said:

This is truly a sleek and nice DX9. Very well done.

Thank you! :)

On 8/25/2022 at 6:07 AM, YodaSkate said:

@Blip do you have instructions or the lxf file for sale anywhere? or a trade? I'm @yodaskate on IG !

I'm sorry to say I never generated any instructions, and right now all my old mocs are somewhere on a backup since Bluerender decided to stop working once the community here began updating the LDD library files... If I reinstall LDD at any point though I'll dig it out and let you know!

(nice Insta btw, those are some awesome models you've got!!)

16 hours ago, Blip said:

Thank you! :)

I'm sorry to say I never generated any instructions, and right now all my old mocs are somewhere on a backup since Bluerender decided to stop working once the community here began updating the LDD library files... If I reinstall LDD at any point though I'll dig it out and let you know!

(nice Insta btw, those are some awesome models you've got!!)

ah bummer! do you have any more photos at all?