J4ck

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

August is supposed to be Batman themed D2C, for September - Disney. Don't foget there's still Creator Expert Harley Davidson and Ideas Treehouse on the way, but we don't know when they'll be out, there weren't any rumours yet

Yeah, that's it. I knew something was coming in August and September but I totally forgot what

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I have decided to get all 4 new jw sets the moment there released as honestly there one of my main priority buy themes for now

I regret not buying any of the first jw sets mainly the indominus rex escape set

maybe I should get the Jurassic park set before it gets discontinued

The JP set is really great! Definetely one of my favorite Jurassic sets from 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 2:37 PM, Felkin said:

Don't. Don't give me hope. A Lego sauropod in a new set?! It must be too good to happen... right?

An "Attack on Hoth" style set would be a dream.. Brachiosaurus with Sattler, Hammond, and Grant.  Nedry with Dilophosaurus and explorer.  Gate breakout with T-rex, goat, explorer, Malcolm and the kids. Then maybe the front gate.  This is extreme wishful thinking but I think a day 1 buy for so many

Edited by Johnjacob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

An "Attack on Hoth" style set would be a dream.. Brachiosaurus with Sattler, Hammond, and Grant.  Nedry with Dilophosaurus and explorer.  Gate breakout with T-rex, goat, explorer, Malcolm and the kids. Then maybe the front gate.  This is extreme wishful thinking but I think a day 1 buy for so many

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LEGO is probably not going to use some of the franchises' best/most iconic scenes in a D2C set, doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. 

I'd say Nedry with his explorer is guaranteed, otherwise they wouldn't have used his raincoat outfit for the figure. The rest is up for speculation but I still think (and hope) the Visitor Center is the most likely.

But I guess we'll see soon, I could very well be wrong :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LEGO is probably not going to use some of the franchises' best/most iconic scenes in a D2C set, doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. 

I'd say Nedry with his explorer is guaranteed, otherwise they wouldn't have used his raincoat outfit for the figure. The rest is up for speculation but I still think (and hope) the Visitor Center is the most likely.

But I guess we'll see soon, I could very well be wrong :wink:

This is very likely gonna be a one and done set, like Ghostbusters HQ. Lego aren’t looking to milk the original film, Universal are focusing merch from the new movies, you can’t even get the ‘legacy’ toys in the uk. The set last year was a tester, but this will likely be the only set we’ll see from the first movie. Maybe we’ll get something from 2&3 at some point, but yeah, they’re gonna make this a collectors set that casual Lego fans can still buy if they like the franchise, like the upside down, ghostbuster hq etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Whovastron said:

This is very likely gonna be a one and done set, like Ghostbusters HQ. Lego aren’t looking to milk the original film, Universal are focusing merch from the new movies, you can’t even get the ‘legacy’ toys in the uk. The set last year was a tester, but this will likely be the only set we’ll see from the first movie. Maybe we’ll get something from 2&3 at some point, but yeah, they’re gonna make this a collectors set that casual Lego fans can still buy if they like the franchise, like the upside down, ghostbuster hq etc.

Which is honestly how it should be, this first film shouldn't get plenty of playsets if you ask me. It should be a big building like the Visitors Center that you can display. I can't help to compare it to the upside down, that's exactly how I like my Lego sets. Packed with detail, references, easter eggs, a nice display- and play piece and a figure stand with a sticker of the logo. That's my definition of an ideal display model

Edited by Puresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LEGO is probably not going to use some of the franchises' best/most iconic scenes in a D2C set, doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. 

I'd say Nedry with his explorer is guaranteed, otherwise they wouldn't have used his raincoat outfit for the figure. The rest is up for speculation but I still think (and hope) the Visitor Center is the most likely.

But I guess we'll see soon, I could very well be wrong :wink:

That could depend on how long they have the license for.  Like others alluded to, this will most likely be a large one and done set as it's based off an old movie and they want to sell JW stuff.  It's nostalgic, and it already caters towards the AFOL market being an expensive d2c.  Why not go all out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this Brachiosaurus on Ideas, gotta say it looks pretty damn good but I don't know how I'd feel about some dinosaurs being molded and others being brickbuilt.

2006344-o_19qk2t29a14kmdg7vef1bprqg4j.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel the worst case scenario for the d2c is the set being based on the t rex on the ship scene from Jurassic park the lost world if it is theb im sticking my fingers up at that decision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

i feel the worst case scenario for the d2c is the set being based on the t rex on the ship scene from Jurassic park the lost world if it is theb im sticking my fingers up at that decision

1. That wouldn't really make sense

2. That wouldn't take 3000+ pieces (not as an official set at least)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, Puresh said:

Which is honestly how it should be, this first film shouldn't get plenty of playsets if you ask me. It should be a big building like the Visitors Center that you can display. I can't help to compare it to the upside down, that's exactly how I like my Lego sets. Packed with detail, references, easter eggs, a nice display- and play piece and a figure stand with a sticker of the logo. That's my definition of an ideal display model

Another good comparison is the system-scale hogwarts and the UCS Hogwarts. The UCS one is for the collectors who are franchise fans but don’t necessarily have an interest in Lego. The system scale set is for those who like collecting Lego sets.

I don’t have any inside information, but I would be shocked if we got any more sets based on the first movie, it would devalue this D2C and has no precedent that I can think of. We could get something from a different movie, but I’m pretty sure that the Kitchen set and this will encompass everything a collector would want from those movies. Hence why I have a feeling that Rexy and atleast 1 raptor will be in the set, I might be wrong, but say we got rexy and 2 raptors, combine it with last years set and you have all 3 raptors, and then there could be a ‘collapsing banner’ play feature for display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think they’re saving the T. rex breakout scene for its own d2c. All that’d be left is the raptor pen, but I doubt that will be made.

Anything else should just be park expansion sets with paddock fences and shrubbery for dinosaurs who’s scenes don’t provide much for builds like Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I still think they’re saving the T. rex breakout scene for its own d2c. All that’d be left is the raptor pen, but I doubt that will be made.

Anything else should just be park expansion sets with paddock fences and shrubbery for dinosaurs who’s scenes don’t provide much for builds like Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus.

The T-Rex Breakout is can't be a D2C on its own, more like a 90-100$ set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok very very interesting news for everybody my local LEGOLAND discovery centre has all the summer sets available and for sale early so I snatched up all the new Jurassic world sets and a lot of others I wanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

ok very very interesting news for everybody my local LEGOLAND discovery centre has all the summer sets available and for sale early so I snatched up all the new Jurassic world sets and a lot of others I wanted

Sweet!   I think we're all waiting for D2C news, however. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Johnjacob said:

Sweet!   I think we're all waiting for D2C news, however. :)

Yup, and the wait is killing me!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryPotter said:

I'm late to the party, what's the TL;DR on the Jurassic Park set rumours?

We know the price and piece count and we know Ian Malcolm (open shirt), Dennis Nedry (raincoat), John Hammond and Ray Arnold are included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We know the price and piece count and we know Ian Malcolm (open shirt), Dennis Nedry (raincoat), John Hammond and Ray Arnold are included

Thank you!

Jeez, Stranger Things, Friends and Jurassic Park, Lego is going to bankrupt me this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Thank you!

Jeez, Stranger Things, Friends and Jurassic Park, Lego is going to bankrupt me this year.

literally same.  

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, and the wait is killing me!!!!!

Should be any day now!! *refreshes #legoleaks*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

ok very very interesting news for everybody my local LEGOLAND discovery centre has all the summer sets available and for sale early so I snatched up all the new Jurassic world sets and a lot of others I wanted

That’s good to hear, that must mean they should be out soon, hopefully this June. Maybe a reveal of the d2c as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

That’s good to hear, that must mean they should be out soon, hopefully this June. Maybe a reveal of the d2c as well.

They could do something similair to the Stranger Things D2C reveal. Slowly tease it and only reveal it on the day it comes out, though I've gotta admit I wasn't a fan of that strategy. I'd like to know what I'm buying, especially when it comes to a D2C set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just learned about this and I am so excited! Jurassic Park sets are the only sets I get aside from HP/Marvel. Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

I just learned about this and I am so excited! Jurassic Park sets are the only sets I get aside from HP/Marvel. Can't wait!

this one should be a doozy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.