Sign in to follow this  
jaden

New York

what I wanted to do is i wanted to build the world trade center because i have a lot of respect for them and i feel like they should still be here . now what i wanted to do is build the whole complex and do the towers but i need help on knowing how to build something because i'm fairly new to this so I need a lot of help . And third of all I have watched every thing about these towers so there are my reasons 

Have you decided on a scale or size you want to build. That would be the first thing I would do, as it will determine how many bricks or level of detail you will going for. Then maybe sketch out a plan and scale accordingly from there. 

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Have you decided on a scale or size you want to build. That would be the first thing I would do, as it will determine how many bricks or level of detail you will going for. Then maybe sketch out a plan and scale accordingly from there. 

This will be especially important. The buildings were over 1300 feet tall so even at nano-fig (1:110 as defined by the Saturn V set) the buildings would still be 12 feet tall. That would take hundreds of thousands of bricks. 

I see you are new at this so you may want to look at general building techniques and maybe buy a few buckets of LEGO and work out how you might build a few floors at a reasonable scale regardless of color. Once you have the shape and size down, open up a digital program like LDD or Studio and build the rest of the building. This will generate a rough parts list and you can order from various bricklink sellers to get all the parts you need. 

You might also want to consider picking up some of the Lego Architecture sets (or looking at the instructions online) to get a feel how they do some of the buildings at those scales.

Then I would suggest picking 1 or 2 iconic NY buildings to try yourself, and try to do them as small as you possibly can while still keeping the look as a first building & planning exercise.  Since you're very new to this, it might help to have some reference photos of the building online to look at while browsing parts inventory in Lego Digital Designer (or another digital building app like LDraw or Studio) and look for specific elements or combinations of elements that mimic parts of he buildings.  That can help define the scale overall, and building a couple yourself after also having familiarized yourself with the official Architecture techniques will probably get you a much better idea of at least what size you want to attempt.  :classic:

Also google is your friend here. There are examples from this:

18555.png

to this:

Couplan_635.jpg

and everything in between.

Personally I think the small build is the better one, lots of detail packed in using LEGO parts to their best.

I think the microbuild looks better too, there really is so little detail to add to a gray box like tower. I actually think it would be better to just do a smaller portion and make it a cut-away more detailed sectional type build. 

Micro builds all the way, ive noticed they are gaining popularity and there are some excellent ones out there from single scapes to entire cities