ParmBrick

[MOC] LAV-25 LPWS & LAV-25 Anti-Tank

This version of the LAV 25 has a welded steel armoured hull, 120 mm main gun and 2x Emerson 901A1 TOW-2 ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile) launchers.

37401149906_6e2dc30d3e_c.jpgLego LAV 25 Tank Destroyer (Anti-Tank) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

This version is the land variant of the Phalanx CIWS, it's known as the LPWS (Land Phalanx Weapon System). The C-RAM system, has been deployed in a short range missile defense role, to counter incoming rockets and artillery fire. The LPWS has two antennas that work together to engage targets. The first antenna for searching, and the second is the track antenna, that's extremely precise, but views a much smaller area.

36739394024_c952033def_c.jpgLego LAV Phalanx LPWS by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Nice build! Just a question, but what are those bar pieces on the side supposed to represent? Are they windows?

And maybe have a shot of the interior?

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! The black bar pieces on the side are used to hook up additional equipment, and to protect the pilot cabin as Hull Protection Kit. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a internal shot, but I will post one soon in the my LAV-25 main topic!