Sign in to follow this  
hachiroku

[MOC] Chevrolet Caprice Taxi

I was reticent to use these big wheels instead of the Speed Champions ones, but they look really well for this car.

43825603281_7a5c9f445c_c.jpgLego Chevrolet Caprice Taxi MOC by hachiroku24, en Flickr

43777651092_7fa7d21de7_c.jpgLego Chevrolet Caprice Taxi MOC by hachiroku24, en Flickr

43825602961_9d84973d94_c.jpgLego Chevrolet Caprice Taxi MOC by hachiroku24, en Flickr

Instrcutions and list of pieces:

42921964725_5992102cb5_c.jpgLego Chevrolet Caprice Taxi MOC by hachiroku24, en Flickr

I LOVE the front end, the back and the functionality... but those angled clips make the roof line look concave.  Makes me think of some stockbroker that jumped out of a window and landed on the roof.  They couldn't quite get the dent out...

Very nice!

But indeed the roof likes a little strange - not sure how that could be improved though.

It would be nice for a Die Hard 3 MOC :classic: (the first one I think when I see such Caprice model with black wheels)

i001984.jpgdhv002919c15.3707.jpg

I think I would like it better with the smaller wheels and some 1x1 cheese slopes on the roof, other than that good car, though not my favourite of yours. 

I quite like the big wheels on it! As others have stated, the roof does look concave, however the only angle that it is really noticeable to me is in the first one. Nice work overall though! :thumbup: