Hello everyone!

My quick entry into this year's Bio-Cup miraculously granted me a pass into the first round. I finished 70 out of 81 in the Preliminaries and in the first round was to compete against two other builders, including, ahem, the leader of the preliminary match. So I decided to give it my best shot. The theme was Agents/UltraAgents/AlphaTeam, and luckily found a link to the beautiful glowing octopus from set 8636, the one that also features my favourite minifigure, the Slime Face. The link allowed me to bring forth all of my glow-in-the-dark pieces (I do not own much Bionicle or CCBS otherwise, so this was a life-saver) - 40 "marbled" ones in total. This was also my very first figure-building experience, so keep that in mind please. Thank you!

42512975324_600a899a73_o.jpg

Much like the Octopus, the Glowfish is not intended as an antagonist, despite its, well, creepy mouth.

43231895101_d28a55eea6_o.jpg

The tails (tentacles?) are fully flexible, although only in one plane, but the foremost pair can also hinge up and down slightly at the base.

42512964674_1935cb4cf9_o.jpg

I think it complements the set nicely, adds immense playability and overall serves as a good tribute to the glowing Octopus.

43181842502_3da82c67ea_o.jpg

The "glow shot" was a must and I think it turned out passable.

29360361008_112f4237cb_o.jpg

Thanks for viewing, I really enjoyed building this!

Edited by Count Sepulchure

Holy Gadunka! Finding and usingĀ all those glowing elements couldn't have been easy (so many Takadox and Gadunka shells...) , it looks magnificent in the dark! I like the use of the tendril bits for his mouth, like the terrifying beast is really just a harmless filter-feeder, but I digress. Great work!