Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

14 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

There are apparently 11 DC Super Hero sets coming in (early?) 2020. Setnumbers for this and other themes are on FalconFan his Instagram. 

So @Captain Nemo, would it be best to have @J4ck's 2020 topic reopened at this point? :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

And another bat centric wave? I hate to be right, but I told no more JL sets.

Steady on lad. We don’t anything about them yet!

@Digger of Bricks No, I do not intend to open @J4ck's 2020 threads at this time. 

Considering the number of Licensed themes this sub-forum now handles (which is only exponentially increasing)--I feel it is best to limit what are essentially duplicate threads for organizational purposes and clarity. I now feel that each theme should have only one, open and active thread at one time, for the full year. 

So please keep for example, all discussion (wishlists/off-topic aside) of DC Superheroes, throughout the entirety of 2019--whatever actual release date it relates to--within the DC Superheroes 2019 thread. I don't want two 'year' threads for one theme open at the same time. It splits discussion and clutters the forum. 

Expect 2020 named threads to open on January 1st, 2020--the same day the 2019 threads will close. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

@Digger of Bricks No, I do not intend to open @J4ck's 2020 threads at this time. 

Considering the number of Licensed themes this sub-forum now handles (which is only exponentially increasing)--I feel it is best to limit what are essentially duplicate threads for organizational purposes and clarity. I now feel that each theme should have only one, open and active thread at one time, for the full year. 

So please keep for example, all discussion (wishlists/off-topic aside) of DC Superheroes, throughout the entirety of 2019--whatever actual release date it relates to--within the DC Superheroes 2019 thread. I don't want two 'year' threads for one theme open at the same time. It splits discussion and clutters the forum. 

Expect 2020 named threads to open on January 1st, 2020--the same day the 2019 threads will close. :thumbup:

That’s fair enough, makes sense.

but what’s the deal with the Harry Potter 2020 thread? That’s been open a couple months despite not even having any 2020 information until yesterday

If next years Lego sets have batman shoved into every set, I'm out

E.g. in the underwater clash set, we didn't need batman, and how the hell did he get into Atlantis lol

7 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Where are we supposed to talk about 2020 sets then? This is the 2019 thread.

31 minutes ago, J4ck said:

If you think about it, it doesn't need to mean that this set is ONLY for sets released in 2019, but instead it's a thread discussing the sets released in, and rumours/information of future sets announced in 2019, so it's just a DC thread of all events that transpired over 2019

On 7/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

If you think about it, it doesn't need to mean that this set is ONLY for sets released in 2019, but instead it's a thread discussing the sets released in, and rumours/information of future sets announced in 2019, so it's just a DC thread of all events that transpired over 2019

Interesting viewpoint :classic:

Edited by J4ck
2000 posts!!

50 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I think the idea is that this has now become the 2019 thread for leaks, rather than the thread for 2019 leaks. I like this a bit more, it'll make it easier to find when stuff leaked in retrospect and doesn't clutter the forum with threads about the same thing.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

You see I feel like since sdcc will be all wrapped up by next week I think the first week of August or hell even next we could get set discriptions, we usually always get them around their time. (But sometimes we get them around the begging of June). But idk if any info will be released especially (not saying they are) if the are JL sets or sets that finally have very highly sought out mini figures (don’t get your hopes up either I highly doubt it will happen). And that will take away from the sets releasing in August.

47 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

You see I feel like since sdcc will be all wrapped up by next week I think the first week of August or hell even next we could get set discriptions, we usually always get them around their time. (But sometimes we get them around the begging of June). But idk if any info will be released especially (not saying they are) if the are JL sets or sets that finally have very highly sought out mini figures (don’t get your hopes up either I highly doubt it will happen). And that will take away from the sets releasing in August.

There’s absolutely no way we’re going to get January 2020 set descriptions in two weeks. That’s insanely early. Winter set descriptions don’t usually surface until October or November at the earliest. 

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

That’s not how info works 

I feel like we'll see any DC sets on the 21st. That's when they have their giveaway planned for the DC sets so it makes the most sense. Especially as they had the new Endgame set on display for today along with their Marvel giveaway.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

38 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like we'll see any DC sets on the 21st. That's when they have their giveaway planned for the DC sets so it makes the most sense. Especially as they had the new Endgame set on display for today along with their Marvel giveaway.

That makes sense, and it’s still about 10 days before the D2C release. I think it’s very clear that this point that there’s no early access for this set unless it ends up being a September set, but I highly doubt that since I’m pretty sure the Disney D2C is for September. 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s not how info works 

not everyone is a pro lego leaker like you its just speculation.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

You don’t have to be a “pro Lego leaker” to understand the timeline of when info comes out. We JUST got numbers, some pieces counts, and rough names for new 2020 sets. There’s no way we’d get detailed descriptions two weeks later. Descriptions usually surface a few months before release, but not this far in advance. We’re all eager for more information but we haven’t even seen all of the 2019 DC sets yet and in my opinion it’s way too early to get hyped for 2020 releases when the summer wave hasn’t even released in North America yet. 

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I was more talking about the thing about info not being released so sales are not hurt. Info is released whenever it is gotten there is no timetable to avoid when sets are actually released 

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Are we definitely getting this D2C? There’s been like zero information on it 

It’s coming. It’s been known for months. But it seems like this year Lego has withheld reveals until right before they release. Stranger Things was revealed the day it came out, the Jurassic Park set was revealed a week before its release. If the giveaway is on a Sunday I expect the reveal then.

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s coming. It’s been known for months. But it seems like this year Lego has withheld reveals until right before they release. Stranger Things was revealed the day it came out, the Jurassic Park set was revealed a week before its release. If the giveaway is on a Sunday I expect the reveal then.

However unlike those, we’ve had no leaks, which is odd. With both those sets we either had minifigures or a set description 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

However unlike those, we’ve had no leaks, which is odd. With both those sets we either had minifigures or a set description 

Lego probably upped their security which is why we haven't had any leaks ??