LM71Blackbird

NASA ER-2 (Lockheed U2 Spy plane)

Sorry if this isn't the proper sub-forum, I usually don't post much outside of the pirates forum.

NASA ER-2/Lockheed U2

26662102367_dbbb63f55a_b.jpgNASA ER-2 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

40818627364_09dcea453f_b.jpgNASA ER-2 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

So I've wanted to build this plane for several months now, and yesterday I finally figured out how to make the fuselage look good and then the rest just fell into place. The plane replicated is the NASA version of the famous Lockheed U2 spy plane, in it's white NASA livery. For more pictures you can go to my flickr page or checkout out my ideas page where I also have a write-up about the model. You can get to both from my signature. I can post pictures of it in it's classic black as well if there is enough interest! 

Anyways, thanks for looking! 

My first thought was "mmm NASA livery, nice...but I wonder what it looks like in classic black with a certain infamous pilot minifig?" :wink:

As as an aviation nut myself, you've really nailed the proportions, superb. If I had to nitpick, the radome array looks a bit clunky.

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

My first thought was "mmm NASA livery, nice...but I wonder what it looks like in classic black with a certain infamous pilot minifig?" :wink:

As as an aviation nut myself, you've really nailed the proportions, superb. If I had to nitpick, the radome array looks a bit clunky.

Thank you! It's in the NASA livery because I built it for Lego ideas and they won't except anything to do with any military.

The array does look a bit clunky, I may try and smooth it out in the future. For your viewing pleasure though here she is in her natural and more suited U2 color!

40658443545_333649fd91_b.jpgLockheed U2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Avast, a Corrie spy plane!  Nicely done.  Have you tested it with real bricks?  Good luck with your Ideas submission. :pir-classic:

2 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Avast, a Corrie spy plane!  Nicely done.  Have you tested it with real bricks?  Good luck with your Ideas submission. :pir-classic:

Lol, if only they had these back in the day! Thank you! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it using real bricks. My brick collection is... sparse. I don't even have a fraction of the pieces to build something like this. It would probably cost more than I can afford to get all the parts... That's why a build in LDD for Bobs... :cry3: I'm thinking of trying a ship in real bricks though... :look: