AfolFree

[MOC] YT-2400 light freighter 1:250 scale

Everything about the YT-2400 here : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-2400_light_freighter

I'm planning a rebel fleet at the 1:250 scale, starting with small fighters and freighters and hopefully one day building the gigantic Nebulon B frigate mortesv designed (a fleet needs a flagship right ?).

Browsing around I found this nice little freighter from the corellian shipyards, with some clear similarities with the iconic Millenium Falcon.
It is supposed to be around 22 meters large, which I converted to approximately 12 studs.
So here you go, just a Stud.io render for now but i will probably be able to build it and make some pictures in a couple of months.

Front :

47txnzv.png

Back :

MJv365R.png

Scale comparison with an X-Wing :

4Ts3dsH.png

Note : the cockpit should be the falcon's printed cockpit (98100pb05) which doesn't seem to be available in Stud.io

I'd very very happy to share the .io file with anyone interested in building it, and of course feedback is very welcome :)

Cheers,

@Azrielsc

Here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/k83uffh43kt350l/yt-2400.io?dl=0

I made some changes to make sure I used only existing bricks in fairly common colors, let me know if you run into any issues !
Also, make sure you replace the 98100 cone with the 98100pb05 (Black Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern).
I definitely hope the model holds up well IRL :)

I downloaded Studio and when I tried to open your file, nothing comes up. Not sure if I have done anything wrong though. Hmm.

That is quite strange yeah.
I will check the file tonight, and let you know which version of stud.io I am using :/

@Azrielsc

I'm using the latest version of Stud.io on OSX (1.0, build 148)
I guess I could try to export it to Ldraw see if it works better for you ?

2 minutes ago, AfolFree said:

@Azrielsc

I'm using the latest version of Stud.io on OSX (1.0, build 148)
I guess I could try to export it to Ldraw see if it works better for you ?

Ah hell! Haha! I opened up Stud.io 2 secs ago and it asked me to update and now I could see it! 

Now I got to find if there is any building instructions that can be generated... :laugh:

Thanks buddy. Will see if I can build it tonight!

Done! Did some colour changes because I ran out of those 4x4 LBG round corner plates and the DBG round corner 2x2 macaroni bricks. 

Overall, I think I managed to build it and add it to my Rebel Fleet! :classic:

40491926865_602769f8b5_c.jpg

41344588172_9160ae2a50_c.jpg

@AfolFree Thank you once again for sharing your Stud.io file with me! 

Wow !

I'm really happy with the way it looks, those red round corner plates are working well :)
Does it hold well together ? I was a bit worried about that since i didn't get to test it.

Yes it does hold up quite well. Love how you used those 4081b to clip both top and bottom halves together and both halves are a tight fit, okay for a small model like this. :thumbup:

Only suggestion that I would give is to change the direction of the 4032 plate just behind the cockpit. In the file, the studs of the 4032 plate faces the wedge plate and due to the studs, there is a big gap. I changed it so that the 4032 plate fixes onto the cockpit piece instead and the gap between the cockpit+4032 and the wedge plate is smaller.

Overall, it is a nice addition! :classic:

2 hours ago, wmxproductions said:

How were you able to get the instructions to build it through stud.io since i can't find a way to generate any building instructions for it.

Yup, I noticed that I can't generate any building instructions as well. What I did was to just hide certain bricks and reverse engineered from there. 

Edited by Azrielsc
grammar

Yes, for such small ships it is still ok I guess, but I switched to LDD for some ongoing bigger MOCs.

It is a shame though, since LDD is basically dead while Stud.io is well maintained. I hope they add a way to generate instructions in a near future.