supertruper1988

[Guide] Using Rebrickable to retrieve parts list from LDD

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of posts where someone shares an LDD file and then someone else has trouble uploading directly to bricklink.

I have found a method that works pretty well and I would like to share it here. Please share your feedback and feel free to link to this topic if you find someone in the same situation.

Supertruper's Guide to retrieving parts from LDD using Rebrickable

Things you will need:

• Rebrickable account
  • Bricklink or brickowl account
  • LDD file of something you want to build

Here are the steps after you have the things above.

1. Log into Rebrickable and navigate to the "My Custom Lists" section

C4wkJ9A.png

2. On the left click "Add New List"

5kwtmYD.png

3. (Optional) rename your list using the "Edit List Details" button

jDwIHXH.png
7W0h2gO.png

4. Click "Import Parts" and browse or drag your LDD file

EGtfGda.png

5. Click "Append Parts"

• From here the parts list will load but there will be color errors and Minifig parts do not come up correctly. 
  • There will also be no prints selected. Any printed parts will need to be updated. 
    rzaUk4v.png

6. Once all the parts are adjusted click "Buy Parts" from here you can add them to your Bricklink or Brickowl account

s2PQjf6.png

n5m6T1k.png

Thanks for reading, please don't hesitate to provide feedback or corrections. Please also feel free to ask for help here and I will try to help you out as much as I know how. 

Thanks, I am famous now. I love doing this option every time I build a model to check myself. I get these questions a lot since I have done LDD models. I will share this link because ypu simplified it. 

Edited by cehnot

36 minutes ago, cehnot said:

Thanks, I am famous now. I love doing this option every time I build a model to check myself. I get these questions a lot since I have done LDD models. I will share this link because ypu simplified it. 

Thats great! I am glad its helping. I have explained it a few times but I finally put it together with screenshots. 

I have tried working with set lists and Rebrickable today, but have run into trouble.

Rebrickable has unfortunately put limitations to how many items can be in various lists in order to push payed plans.

I recommend checking out the restrictions first before importing, exporting, and performing other activities that might result in long lists.

2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

I have tried working with set lists and Rebrickable today, but have run into trouble.

Rebrickable has unfortunately put limitations to how many items can be in various lists in order to push payed plans.

I recommend checking out the restrictions first before importing, exporting, and performing other activities that might result in long lists.

Doesnt this only apply for something like 10000 or more parts?

2 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Doesnt this only apply for something like 10000 or more parts?

It is 5000 now without paying monthly.

Max 20 set lists, max 20 parts lists, 500 sets per list, and max 10 assembled sets.