finnbricker

MOC: Pizzeria at Assembly Square

800x1222.jpg800x1063.jpg800x1086.jpg

I don't think I'll have to say much, and you'll understand where the inspiration came from. Yes, a blatant copy, a simple colour substitution. But I think it looks really nice and the tan colour works well. So what I did here is that I built a copy of the Assembly Square 16-wide florist substituting sand green for tan and black for white. Details and the interior are borrowed from 41092 Stephanie's Pizzeria and 41311 Heartlake Pizzeria. Thus, I changed the big flower on the façade to a simple pizzeria sign, and the awnings come from 41311 and have the colours of the Italian flag. The roof is completely MOCed, a simple build but looks realistic.

800x1195.jpg800x536.jpg800x536.jpg800x536.jpg

You place your order at the cashier stand, borrowed from 41092. There are two pizza ovens, one from 41092 and the other from 41311. They're both integrated to the wall. Both workers are CMF pizza guys. For those who don't want the whole pizza, there's a slice buffet by the window. And as you can see, the top part of the back wall can be removed just like in the original. This building is 20-deep and includes a staircase that leads to the upper floor where the seating area is. The staircase is split into two so that the top part gets removed together with the back wall.

800x1108.jpg800x1195.jpg

Upstairs, you'll find the busy seating area.

Since this worked out so well I'm contemplating whether to make another one with tan windows and reddish brown walls. Might look nice too.

And here's the pizzeria next to AS:

800x563.jpg

Very nice! Brick Yellow goes perfectly with the Italian colors and pizza theme. It should replace the flower shop outright as pizza is infinitely better than flowers. Great 16-wide addition MOC to AS.

Fits very well.  I, too, bought several Friends Pizzeria sets.  Really like the black roof shingle-things and the use of the tan panels on the sides.  I have so many of them, it's nice to see them used unobtrusively.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

Thanks for your comments!

This was a very inexpensive modular to build. I only needed one 41311 and one 41092 + mostly basic bricks from my collection. Had to order some bricks but nothing too big or expensive. And yes, the wall panels fit in quite nicely. When there are other buildings on the sides, you can't notice them at all. The only negative thing about the panels is I would have wanted to place something (a menu, a painting) on the walls. Now they are just bare.

A solid built which works very nice. You gave the build your own touch, which helps a lot so I wouldn't call it a blatant copy. :-)