Adels2019

Smallest PneumaticMotorized Switch?

Here's my design:

640x396.jpg

Just add the pneumatic valve on the two pins with the switch inside of the connector part on top. Can't say if it's the smallest, but it's been immensely useful for me.

Edited by Beck

38 minutes ago, Beck said:

Can't say if it's the smallest, but it's been immensely useful for me.

I think it is. I've seen a few using gears (if that seems like a better option) but they're all bigger. Sariel's recent Liebherr excavator used some with gears so you could check that out @Adels2019

@jrx Wow very similar design. I guess it proves that we have one of if not the best design; however, I would swap the 3L pin for one of these and a 2L pin. 

Edited by Beck

2 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Perhaps the Efferman micro motor & mount would be the smallest.

There are a few problems: 

1. The availability of functional micro motors. Not to mention the price.

2. Torque would be an issue unless you wanted to modify the switch itself. I even tried gearing down a micromotor, which proved to be useless. With all of the external structure required for the micromotor to be able to connect to the valve you might as well just use the more reliable servo.

3 hours ago, Beck said:

@jrx Wow very similar design. I guess it proves that we have one of if not the best design; however, I would swap the 3L pin for one of these and a 2L pin. 

Very good idea. Both version are fine - so you could choose how you connect the swith to rest of the MOC.

3 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Perhaps the Efferman micro motor & mount would be the smallest.

As I doesn’t know, which solution you mean, domyou have link? If you mean a regular micro motor from TLG, I fully agree with @Beck. It’s too rare and it‘s weak.

If you place the turning point of the valve so that it is aligned with the servo axle, and use an Sbrick as controller. you can adjust the turning of the servo in the Profile designer to approximately 40 degrees, instead of 90 degrees, so that you avoid to overload the servo.  

14 minutes ago, jrx said:

Very good idea. Both version are fine - so you could choose how you connect the swith to rest of the MOC.

As I doesn’t know, which solution you mean, domyou have link? If you mean a regular micro motor from TLG, I fully agree with @Beck. It’s too rare and it‘s weak.

See Efferman custom parts recent posting.

Edited by Doug72

31 minutes ago, BondemandClausen said:

If you place the turning point of the valve so that it is aligned with the servo axle, and use an Sbrick as controller. you can adjust the turning of the servo in the Profile designer to approximately 40 degrees, instead of 90 degrees, so that you avoid to overload the servo.  

I tried that but it wasn‘t satisfying. The slightly too bug turn radius isn‘t a problem as the use pin with hole is turning too.

13 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

See Efferman custom parts recent posting.

Ah alright - that one. Don’t think that this motor is very good usable as you need some gearing and a clutch. A servo is much better for the purpose of controlling the valve.