Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Gunboat No. 1

The Crown called, and the shipwrights answer!

My first gunboat:

672JpLN.jpg

"What do you mean, you forgot it? How can you forget your oar?"

oTUa5dR.jpg

B6bTnBM.jpg

"Must be a new one, eh? High five, and get rowing, we have to work double the load today!"

j5xOfVL.jpg

Finally, some more views from different angles:

kWfONrf.jpg

cwcFqlR.jpg

rqa8f4V.jpg

===============================================================================================================

C&C are appreciated. I am not entirely sure, but I should have enough parts to build another one of the same design in different colours, and a third one with minimal BL orders.

Edited by Drunknok

Way more than two days gone since I have posted the final build, even more since the first WIP shots. No feedback at all? Seriously?

Since the Crown shows no support whatsoever, I will withdraw my offer. This gunboat is to be licensed under my own control, the redcoats on board will be... ahem, replaced. The WTC will soon have another ship at its disposal, and some red uniforms on sale, used, with minor blood stains (note for the easily-offended: this is an IC joke).

Edit: Now licensed as "WTC Red Fox".

Edited by Drunknok

Drunknok, you need to calm down a bit.

Please understand that we all have lives outside of BoBS and sometimes something gets missed. I know it can be frustrating to post something and receive no feedback, but it has only been (as you say) two days. Bregir and the rest of leadership are probably devoting all of their BoBS time to getting MRCA reports out and we have had a relatively high volume of builds in the last week. Personally I know that I saw this one, but when I finally got some time to commenting on builds it had dropped down and I ran out of time before I got to it. Having a tantrum is definitely not a good way to receive feedback and I respectfully suggest you adjust your attitude, both here and in the Corrington PM.  Enough said.

As for the build, it is quite nice and I like how you made the sides SNOT and not regular brickwork. The shaping is good as well, although maybe a little angular - although I'm not sure how it could be improved with this technique. All in all a nice, neat little gunboat with good clean lines, hopefully the WTC gets good use out of her and she is as lucky as another of our class one gunboats was this MRCA!

No ill feelings toward anybody. But if somebody has the time to start an initiative like this and then there is no input whatsoever on questions or results on it over four days, I simply take my efforts elsewhere. I just stated some facts and opinions. This was no "tantrum". If I ever have one, you will know. :wink:

Thanks for the comments. I agree that this one is quite "boxy" in its look, and have made changes to the design for my next version(s).

Edited by Drunknok

Nice gunboat! Small but deadly, I like it. The custom hull is great, although more hinges would allow you to have a more elegant look. 

I plan to begin to build some gunboats too, to strengthen further the protection of our coasts.:grin:

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice gunboat! Small but deadly, I like it. The custom hull is great, although more hinges would allow you to have a more elegant look. 

I plan to begin to build some gunboats too, to strengthen further the protection of our coasts.:grin:

Thanks! I have a second design in the works, that I consider to be a vast improvement. Pictures will be up tomorrow, if you like the result I could do some "building instructions".

Edited by Drunknok

I like the shape you've got with the custom hull. It looks like it rides a bit high, though. Still, nicely done. It will definitely get the job done, and I wouldn't want to face off with that gun! :thumbup:  A custom cannon would be an excellent variation for future versions.

Good job on your gunboat! It may be a little wide or a little short, but it's a nice boat anyway. I look forward to seeing your revised version!