Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

53 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'm personally in love with the hair piece, everything else for me can be described as "meh" it is cool that we are starting to get leaks of the IW sets though

The hairpiece is nice in that it’s combined with the helmet. It’s something I hope we’ll see with an Infinity War variant of Loki.

I can’t tell if her hair is blue or purple; leaning towards the former, and it actually doesn’t look that bad! Arm printing would’ve been much appreciated, as I see now that the gold amounts to a smal shoulderblade.

Edited by Aegis2000

Just when I thought the leaking season was over... You don't see me complaining though :laugh: I really like this Proxima Midnight minifig, hopefully the rest of the minifigs will be just as impressive :thumbup: I'm especially interested in seeing Cull Obsidian and Thanos who hopefully will both be realized as bigfigs, can't have enough of those :sweet:

Proxima is underwhelming. Face print is fine along with the horns, the hair looks strange but i suppose it's Lego they cannot really do much with the hair - unsure about the line on her chin. The chest print is great, other than the gold segment that might not be in the movie. The lack of leg and arm printing is what disappoints me with her figure, especially when you compare it to the image we have seen of Proxima Midnight. The gold arm might be from the movie, we'll have to see... but the rest is underwhelming. The gold arm seems based on the comic version of Proxima Midnight.

Are there any black and white dual molded legs/arms that could work for her?
973pb2116c01.jpg?1

Currently thinking the 'CMF Monster Scientist' arms could work - as the upper segments of the arms are more white while the lower segments are black - legs are similar also with black primarily but white details on the side.

Edit; Found these which could potentially work for legs - they were in the advent calendar (75023) only minor issue is that the connecting piece should be black to match with the torso.
970c11pb11.png

Edit 2; Saw someone mention these might work, they are from an imperial hovertank pilot (75152)
970c00pb574.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

My spider senses tell me that we will get leaks of the actual sets and more minifigs in the days to come (atleast I really hope so!)

I need to see what they did with Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian and Thanos. Those are the main two figures i want to be good from this wave. Corvus Glaive also to an extent due to his staff and maybe Ebony Maw to a lesser extent.

At the moment, disappointed by the lack of leg and arm printing, but hope they deliver on other figures. At least we dont seem to be getting many repeat figures and Proxima Midnight at least seems salvageable.

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

My spider senses tell me that we will get leaks of the actual sets and more minifigs in the days to come (atleast I really hope so!)

I really hope so. I need them desperately

The new Iron a man has a clear head, like the Homecoming Mk. 47 (this one is trans-white though). Interesting to say the least, it probably has something to do with Tony’s remote suit piloting/extremis technology.

Edited by Aegis2000

Just realised Proxima's torso print is printed on a white torso... why? It would have looked better on black.

Hulkbuster head has slightly more detail at the bottom - but otherwise looks the same - which makes sense i suppose. Hopefully the build is an improvement over the last.

Iron Man figure looks fine, it's an Iron Man... not much to really say about it. Lack of arm printing is 'ok' here i suppose - they do not tend to get arm print often.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

The new Iron a man has a clear head, like the Homecoming Mk. 47 (this one is trans-white though). Interesting to say the least, it probably has something to do with Tony’s remote suit piloting/extremis technology.

Maybe it means we will also get a tony stark in that suit he wears in the trailers 

Mario posted a new Iron Man fig over on Instagram. He looks pretty cool imo.

Edit: oops :grin: already posted ok

Outriders look good too.

Edited by Winter Soldier

2 armed Outrider released too. I can already feel people complaining that Outriders have plain black legs

Actually the Ironman armor looks like MK 43 with some exposed chest part / battle damage? 

I'm comparing it with the figs that I have. Legs is different tho.

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

2 armed Outrider released too. I can already feel people complaining that Outriders have plain black legs

It should be six arms right? Lol.

Actually they only have four arms. Likely they'll use the Garmadon piece

latest?cb=20131219185235

As for Iron Man, maybe the armour (which is clearly MK43 with a chest piece missing) will be inside the Hulkbuster, or possibly, if the D2C is an Avengers Facility, it could come with a smaller, scaled down Hall of Armours, which would explain why an armour from 3 movies ago is being used, it looks like its under construction, not battle damaged, plus it would explain the transparent clear head. The MK47 was being controlled by Iron Man, explaining partially why it was blue, but this one seems like its more dormant; not battle ready, but its resting in a set somewhere