Ron Dayes

Somewhat City scaled cars

After the kind of letdown in the scaling model forum which excluded MOCs smaller than 1/20, i'm back in with my 1/43 scales in this forum. Hope you dont mind. IMO the scale is nice for modular layouts and looks splendid next to figs, yet i know how different opinions are on functionality, minifig fitting etc.

i will keep this as a single thread with new cars to follow, so stay tuned if you like em.

First off, a Porsche 991 (a 911 from 2011)

38378267066_387c25dd10.jpgPorsche 991 a by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

38402770772_b5636972b2.jpgPorsche 991 b by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

its 5,6 to 5,2 studs wide and about 13 studs long. Fits no fig, but has window details instead.

Great!. I don't really follow the scale modeling forum so I am glad that you will be posting here. I think your cars are really great. So keep posting please.

18 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Great!. I don't really follow the scale modeling forum so I am glad that you will be posting here. I think your cars are really great. So keep posting please.

Ah cool to hear - yeah the forum is definately worth a look since it contains the most precise remakes of real things in the bricks. But i cant participate with my scale, so i will keep this thread here running and more is to come ;)

Your cars look absolutely fantastic!

Functionality is important if you are a kid, who wants to PLAY with their cars (or if you, like me, are deliberately into it). However, if you build models for a town street exhibition layout, where they just sit stationary all day, good looks can be just as important. The funny proportions of the minifig will always force some compromise on us so never mind, let's just sit back and appreciate and enjoy each others's work. I certainly have :)

Hats off!

11 hours ago, domela said:

Your cars look absolutely fantastic!

Functionality is important if you are a kid, who wants to PLAY with their cars (or if you, like me, are deliberately into it). However, if you build models for a town street exhibition layout, where they just sit stationary all day, good looks can be just as important. The funny proportions of the minifig will always force some compromise on us so never mind, let's just sit back and appreciate and enjoy each others's work. I certainly have :)

Hats off!

Many thanks, indeed - there are different things and issues when it comes to minifig building as are there preferences on functionality and co...
This here is a 1/43 scale replica, so its actually more a scale model than anything else. Yet, not being able to post them in the scale modeling forum, i think its still townish enough ;)

also, some real rendered pictures:

37624300235_ab213ce5af.jpgPorsche 991 by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

38511266531_fdb272236f.jpgAston_Jaguar by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr