BrickbyBrickTechnic

[HELP] Trouble trying to find something to build

Hi everyone,

I have an ongoing project but I'm not really into it. I have lately been having some trouble finding something to build. I assume some of you have had the same problem at some point.

Here's my question: what did you do when you had trouble finding something to build?

I appreciate all answers.

What I tend to do, is to pick up one of my special parts (usually a motor), and just start building something with it - I usually find a use for it when I'm finished.

That's how I ended up building my drift chassis - I just picked up the buggy motor a looked for the simplest way to attach wheels to it.

In fact, I'm actually doing this right now... with two buggy motors!

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

What I tend to do, is to pick up one of my special parts (usually a motor), and just start building something with it - I usually find a use for it when I'm finished.

That's a cool idea! Thanks!

:look:

Whenever I don't feel like building something, I don't build something. Forcing myself to do something I don't feel like will just make me unhappy. Lego is a hobby, after all, no one, including myself, gets to force me to put time into it if I don't feel lik it.

As for wanting to build spomething, but not knowing what...hasn't happened to me yet, but I guess if I wanted to build something really badly, but didn't have any idea, I'd just start fiddling around with some parts. But usually, if I have one or several projects going on, and don't feel like working on any of them, I just go and do something else entirely.

When I don't feel like building, I do other things to keep my life in some sort of equilibrium.  Bricks are great, but fresh air, physical activity and human contact are what fuels my creative spirit.  Surprisingly, tidying up helps a lot too.

:classic: Beverly