Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_S

VW T3 Westfalia and Chevy Stepside

A forum, for scale models? I found it via Lasse's excellent review of Peter's book. I used to be active here a few years ago, but felt a bit of place. Were my models Creator or were they "misc" or city? I never knew.

I've built dozens of new models since I last posted on Eurobricks, so I'll stick to posting the last two. Both are built to my usual scale of 1/22. The first is a Volkswagen T3 Westfalia camper van. I know the older rounder vans are probably more popular, but I built one of those a decade ago and I do like the more boxy models from the late seventies and early eighties. Getting the shape right was a challenge, I added a row of brick hinges just below the windows to give it the sides the right slope. Good fun.

35939522832_7d1aab99a3_z.jpg

Volkswagen T3 Westfalia camper van by Ralph Savelsberg, on Flickr

For years I've been building classic cars from a book that I bought in the UK about 15 years ago. It's a 1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside pickup truck. A much older incarnation of this model in regular blue, is still knocking around on brickshelf somewhere (remember brickshelf?), but I've now built a brand new and up-to-date version in dark blue.

36584712690_1267c0614d_z.jpg

1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside by Ralph Savelsberg, on Flickr

Eurobricks, finally!

Edited by Ralph_S
figure captions were next to figures instead of below

Hi Ralph,

Great that your back here and now in the right forum with all our friends and i am a fan of your work.:thumbup:

Looks great indeed! Could fit right away in the parks. Why isn't there a LEGO park in Holland yet?! ;) It could replace Madurodam :)

@Edwin KorstanjeThanks mate. I can't guarantee I'll be very active, but I am happy to find you guys here.

@BricksonwheelsHa! Apparently we did.

The reason I didn't find you guys sooner is a) because none of you bothered to tell me :hmpf_bad: and b) because I've been working my butt off in the last year and travelling a lot. It's been doing wonders for my career, but is very much to the detriment of all of my LEGO activities, both on-line and in building. I used to build two or three models a month. Now, I'm happy if I manage one a month. There's just no time to do everything I want. 

@JopieKMy cars have been influenced a lot by pictures of the vehicles built for the parks, so I see that as a big compliment. Now, we don't have a park, but isn't a Discovery Center supposed to open in Scheveningen? That would be a stone's throw away from Madurodam.

So...let's break the all-Netherlands posts :classic:

Great to see you in this forum with this two great models!

@Legorigs Thanks man.

@Milan Thanks for the welcome. Finally it makes sense for all of us Dutchmen to write in English to each other :wink: