Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

30958890487_02d5264538_z.jpg

After playing around with it, I definitely agree on using the black cowl. The metallic arms matching the color the legs came in looks considerably better than the black arms, especially the way they match the torso printing, so I'm not sure why TLG didn't just do that in the first place. This slightly-modified figure is hands down one of my all-time favorite Batman minifigs now.

22 hours ago, BaneShake said:

After playing around with it, I definitely agree on using the black cowl. The metallic arms matching the color the legs came in looks considerably better than the black arms, especially the way they match the torso printing, so I'm not sure why TLG didn't just do that in the first place. This slightly-modified figure is hands down one of my all-time favorite Batman minifigs now.

That does look great. The App controlled batmobile is gonna be on sale for Black Friday (in the U.K. atleast) On shop@home, might have to pic it up.

22 hours ago, BaneShake said:

It’s up there for me, but the Knightmare Batman minifigure we got this year is my favorite. Either way it was a great year for detailed Batman minifigures including that great thrasher suit Batman as well.

Not sure if it’s happeningg elsewhere, but the 3 DC sets from January this year are apparently retiring soon on shop@home. But quick isn’t it? Especially considering the Lego batman sets are staying put, and only 2 new sets are coming in January.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Not sure if it’s happeningg elsewhere, but the 3 DC sets from January this year are apparently retiring soon on shop@home. But quick isn’t it? Especially considering the Lego batman sets are staying put, and only 2 new sets are coming in January.

Not entirely unheard of; the last comic-based Justice League lineup was off the shelves in about that period of time. I remember because I had put off buying the Aquaman/Black Manta set for what I assumed was a reasonable amount of time, before suddenly realizing that no one carried it in-store anymore.

4 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

That terrifies me. Is DC being cancelled!?

There is no indication of anything of the sort. Seeing as this is a theme that will be entering year seven of its current form with next year's sets, even though it is a smaller wave than what we have previously gotten, I don't see it ever getting quietly shuffled off with no announcement. If Lego ever decided to cancel it, which does not seem like a current likelihood, we would certainly get some sort of indication from TLG first. This is clearly a franchise they get a lot of mileage out of; we have gotten three new games based on the characters in six years, they have released several direct-to-DVD animated films around it, an entire blockbuster movie with sets that were spun-off into their own theme, another spinoff theme in Super Hero Girls, and several books based around the theme. If it's a powerhouse of a theme, Lego may simple be slowing things down for now so as not to oversaturate their own market. 

Unless we hear otherwise from a reliable source, there is no reason to worry.