Sign in to follow this  
TechnicSummse

[MOC][RC] motor-selector with additional gearbox/output-selector

Since i cant testdrive my newest speedracer because of the rainy weather, i decided to clean up my "in progress moc corner" and found this:

A as small as possible electric doubleswitch, wich you can use, to control 2 different motors with the same RC output. 

You can simply select wich one you wanna use. At the same time you can use it to control a gearbox, or output-selector, as you can see in the video.

The idea to invent this, was, to realise as much functions as possible in a rc-model, with a limited amount of receivers (in my case just 1 RC-unit).

You can use the auxilary output of the RC-unit to control the micromotor, and thus switch between 2 different functions ( for example drive and a pneumatic compressor). 

The output-selector can be used, to switch for example a servormotors output between steering and pneumatic-switch.

"Why so complicated, you could just use the auxilary output for the compressor"

-> well... you could do that and beeing limited to the auxilary current limits (~500mA). Also you wont have the gearbox/output-selector then ;)

While using this, you can power your compressor (or what ever you want) with the "unlimited" power of the RC-units buggy-motor-output. AND fine-controll it with the 3-step forward, 3-step-reverse-control.

It is also possible to control this with the RC-units steering output instead of the micromotor... like that you still have the auxillary-output free for use.

How it works:

The trick here, is to angle the 2 switches axles by 60 degres (45 would be perfect, but this is ok ;)). 

But you need to try the right 60 degres angle... only 1 position works, otherwhise you will have 1 motor switched on in one position, and 2 motors beeing on in the other position.

The gearbox/ output-selector in the video can be simplified a lot, this is just to show, how it could work.

I am pretty sure, there are some more things you could do with it... also with regular power functions ;)

Edited by TechnicSummse