Murdoch17

1950's Fire Station and Fire truck (9484 MOD)

Here we see my MOD of the Brick City Depot (Winter Village) Fire station. I redid the color scheme in some places & added a different Fire Engine. I remodeled the top level (no tower) and put pillars in the corners of the building, plus I added a back wall with inside details.

35226815840_a8523d5f97_z.jpg

The garage doors open to allow the fire truck to back in. (it does fit, I checked!) The 4 x 4 bonnet right above the doors should feature this print.

35226815850_9c1efdb408_z.jpg

As you can see, here is the back wall with the chimney flue for the oven and roof top water storage barrel.

35483245551_b4b8579480_z.jpg

The inside now features two bunk beds. a oven, table, chairs, reception area and rotary-dial phone.  The fireman's pole goes from the upper floor to the bottom level, and stairs allow for you to return to the top.

35226814460_c9999389ef_z.jpg

I was inspired to build this by set 9484, Red's Water Rescue. I replaced the eyes with window parts, while adding a grille where the mouth was. I also beefed up the rear, and removed the flick-fire missiles. The sides of the truck should have two of this print under the hoses where the blank 2 x 2 tiles are.

35226814480_1f7ec2e205_z.jpg

The side of the truck features two hoses (one for each side) and the roof has a ladder. (The ladder can rotate 360 degrees and can go up and down.) The doors to get into the crew cab also open and close while the sides feature 4 hose hookups (that's the pearl gold 1x1 round studs) and two identical pump controls.

The LDD for both the station and truck can be downloaded here. Comments, Questions & Complaints are welcome, and this model is on the to-be-built short list... maybe by December of this year(?) alongside the town hall.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17