Sign in to follow this  
9v system

[GBC] Akiyuki compatible stream split module

640x327.jpg

i have been designing a module that splits the GBC stream into two straight lines. when i was playing with the cup to cup by akiyuki i came up with a good use for that spiral at the start of the module.

the idea is the balls roll up then land on a tilting ramp which randomly distributes the balls left or right, but i also included a driving ring so the ramp can be permanently set left or right to use as a turning module. 

what do you think?

20 minutes ago, rollermonkey said:

I think we could use more pictures. 

:) 

its not finished yet but i have someone testing it to make sure it works as i go along. but once their finished i will get them to take some pictures of it.

Im currently working on this splitter module. Took the LXF found on @9v system 's bricksafe page and started building. But it didn't worked the way I wanted.

So I took the basic design and reworked all parts of the module.

Inbox design is from @Ankoku 's Cuo To Cup Type1 v1.2. I love it. It just works. Added 2-speed gearbox for different seesaw speed. 2 balls or 4 balls each side.

work in progress video:

Render from the current final version. Waiting for parts to finish the module

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Nice smooth motion and I like the idea of having a gear box.

As for the hopper, feel free to improve on it, I just went with what I had pieces for at the time. I think it could be more aesthetically pleasing. Glad it is working for you. No one wants trapped balls!