Sign in to follow this  
Henchmen4Hire

Space Police III Commando Ship

Crime spreads at breakneck speeds and law enforcement can't afford to be left behind. Beat cops get things like bikes and scooters, but Commandos get things like this!

34844951891_c44ba5b511_b.jpg

SP3 Commando Ship by Henchmen4Hire, on Flickr

FEATURES
•Rear hatch flips down and serves as a ramp

•Interior has a cockpit and a prisoner compartment, separated by a glass partition.

•Rear side vents flip out to reveal ports that connect to the prisoner compartment.

•Technically the 4 nacelles are adjustable (shifting the inverted wedges outward by 1 stud makes it easier to move them).

----------------------------------

This is another model that I overhauled with sturdier connections and new elements.

•I did a quick search for ways to invert plates, and while there were lots of useful ideas, the connections weren't strong enough to hold the front sections. I could have gone with technic bricks or old hinge plates and flipped one side, but I wanted to try something new.

Ended up using a [1x1 clip light plate with thin ring] with some plates and a tile. This lets the two big wedges clamp everything together. It also has the bonus of letting me add those 1x1 red/blue trans tiles on the sides.

I improvised with all the modified bricks sandwiched between the wedges and managed to create a little flip-out section to expose a circuitry tile.

•There are vents in the prisoner compartment, they connect to the outside grill with those Technic half pins. The idea is that if the prisoner gets too rowdy, the officer can just vent all the oxygen and knock them out lol.

Alternately, they can avoid a lawsuit by using the ports to introduce a knockout gas to safely extract a prisoner.

•For weapons, the binoculars on the sides are, uh, laser turrets!

I was envisioning mass drivers sandwiched between the big wedges. The skates and vents are there to disperse heat, and for, uh, sci-fi reasons lol. The trans orange tiles represent sections that are glowing from the heat, or maybe I just like trans orange shut up!

34166534953_20c7ab010a_h.jpg

34844952011_4e1ef8dc14_b.jpg

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Another great creation, the angled prongs give it a X Wing vibe!

Though one thing, why no SP3 color scheme?

Thankssss, the next sleek model I make is going to be ground-based :]

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Though one thing, why no SP3 color scheme?

I imagine this ship is only used by the SP3 SWAT/Commandos, the ones with the big helmet and red visor, not the regular officers who don't need quad-turbos and twin coilguns lol. I went with a light bley body because it's a little less garish than solid white, plus I think the color goes well with the Star Trek-like nacelles.

But yeah, now I see the Imperial/X-wing vibe lol

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Great stuff.  Nice detail with the police lights on the corners of the nacelles etc.  You could see a squad of these being deployed to really put the fear into the bad guys!

I love the lines of this ship. The engine nacelles and cockpit just work well together. Great job on this ship!