Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

A secret meeting [Free build - OL]

Only a few days after the arrival of some Hades priests in Breshaun, a messenger, with the help of a shady local, was sent to meet a famous highwayman, living in the outskirts of the city. What's the purpose of that meeting and how will the assassin respond? Stay tuned!

A secret meeting inaugurating the new era of my BoBS builds, titled "Theocracy". (Sory about the pics but our photographing mobile is on vacation mode and I was too excited to wait for it to come back :tongue:. Maybe upon returning I will photograph the moc again and post better photos).

Don't you love that new Highwayman minifig??? And don't you also hate the new pricing as well? :tongue:

34762244652_4b993311b3_c.jpg

34082888444_45ee59da49_c.jpg

34762253612_4f6df6e539_c.jpg

34762249072_35b48875de_c.jpg

34538814520_c63b2c5a8a_c.jpg

34082893464_7fae0ddfce_c.jpg

C &C always wanted and as always, thanks for watching!

Hmm, no good can come of this! :pir-look: :pir-grin:  Those cracked and broken floorboards look great, blackdeath, and the broken walls are nice as well, though I find it somewhat difficult to envision what exactly happened to the house to make it look like that! :pir_laugh2:  The details inside the house are a neat addition, and if I had one piece of advice, it'd probably be to try to make your lines of sand less regular and include more tiles in it (though, to be sure, tan tiles aren't my strong suit either! :pir-laugh:).  Definitely looking forward to seeing where you take this, anyways! :pir-sweet:

Oh dude, these guys look serious, what are they plotting? I'm impatient to read the suit of the story.

I like how you've built the beach , with plenty of bricks, instead of a simple plate. The stream beneath the tree is a nice addition. The cross and tile thingy are supposed to represent a tomb? That would explain why the house is devastated.

15 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Hmm, no good can come of this! :pir-look: :pir-grin:  Those cracked and broken floorboards look great, blackdeath, and the broken walls are nice as well, though I find it somewhat difficult to envision what exactly happened to the house to make it look like that! :pir_laugh2:  The details inside the house are a neat addition, and if I had one piece of advice, it'd probably be to try to make your lines of sand less regular and include more tiles in it (though, to be sure, tan tiles aren't my strong suit either! :pir-laugh:).  Definitely looking forward to seeing where you take this, anyways! :pir-sweet:

Hahaha, Thanks for your advice and No good will come indeed! The cracked floorboards are supposed to look like ones you find in a derelict house on a beach but I don't know if I "nailed" them exactly (and aren't looking like termite-eaten ones) :tongue:. Regarding tan plates and tiles used for sand (I just love sand), I too, have spotted the problem and I am slowly but steadily building up my stash of relevant bricks :wink:. Imagine that my first (AFOL) beach, looked like that :laugh: . Off to bigger and better sandy beaches then! (Off to Crete! :grin:).

7 hours ago, Bodi said:

Oh dude, these guys look serious, what are they plotting? I'm impatient to read the suit of the story.

I like how you've built the beach , with plenty of bricks, instead of a simple plate. The stream beneath the tree is a nice addition. The cross and tile thingy are supposed to represent a tomb? That would explain why the house is devastated.

Dear master shipbuilder Bodi thanks and cg on your ranking at the last challenge! These are indeed dire times we are living in... muhahahaha! The stream was a last minute addition and the straight line bank is a bit awkward but didn't have the resources to alter its path :hmpf_bad:. The bulky "cross" is indeed a tomb, either the previous owner's as you implied OR one of Highwayman's lackeys :tongue:. Anyway, with the total imagination gathered in this game by it players, the sky is the limit as far as imagination goes!

On 5/28/2017 at 4:57 AM, blackdeathgr said:

...Regarding tan plates and tiles used for sand (I just love sand), I too, have spotted the problem and I am slowly but steadily building up my stash of relevant bricks :wink:. Imagine that my first (AFOL) beach, looked like that :laugh: . Off to bigger and better sandy beaches then! (Off to Crete! :grin:).

Ha, ha, yes, I remember that one! :laugh:  You're definitely heading the right direction - keep it up, mate! :thumbup:

Great job with the ruined building walls and floor. :thumbup:

Nice hook to get us interested! Looking forward to seeing where this story goes and what these characters are up to.

And I'm with ya on the new Highwayman fig ... I love it!