Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

2023: 60394: ATV and Otter Habitat

I wonder if they were able to cost-share the otters to some degree with the Ideas A-Frame, since one was included in that set as well, and just a month later?

42 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

I wonder if they were able to cost-share the otters to some degree with the Ideas A-Frame, since one was included in that set as well, and just a month later?

I doubt it , normally Ideas set has very low budget so they "steal" where they can. B-bay had a pig several months before the HP set that used the budget to bring it back showed up. City on the other hand has a very high design budget, but they cost a lot as well :shrug_oh_well:

Over to this weeks goat news :wink:
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-designers-conspiracy-long-lost-lego-goat

Given how tightly controlled LEGO designers are in what they say publicly, them saying that the digital files will be 'in storage somewhere', I can't imagine them not bringing it back now.

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Given how tightly controlled LEGO designers are in what they say publicly, them saying that the digital files will be 'in storage somewhere', I can't imagine them not bringing it back now.

My hope and guess is that it will return in the medieval village set maybe next year:wink:

14 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Lego can be unpreciable. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Maybe we will have to wait for the next year of the goat, for an entire Goat-fest 

And i will vote you as a presdient of a Goat-fest. Now you are in charge. :)

That koi print is from a new Icons set - Tanquil Garden. Man, that set looks gorgeous - I’m a huge fan of japanese culture so I will grab it insad of Botatnical Garden. .

Anyays back to animal topic, that koi print looks great!!

On 6/14/2023 at 3:10 PM, Roebuck said:

B-bay had a pig several months before the HP set that used the budget to bring it back showed up. City on the other hand has a very high design budget, but they cost a lot as well :shrug_oh_well:

Oh interesting! I didn't know that, I guess it makes sense why City gets so many animal moulds every year.

I was through my old lego for yard sale today and I found the old elephant from the beloved Johnny Thunder theme! I was amazed by how moveable it is than the modern elephant. 

It’s real shame that Lego didn’t give the modern elephant a proper treat event the way they gave the Adventurer elephant… I mean I love that trunk, legs and ears. 

Lego, shame you.

Printed ‘moth’ from the A Frame cabin is available on bricks & pieces on Lego site. Just in case anyone has been waiting for a slightly cheaper way to get some.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:21 PM, williejm said:

Printed ‘moth’ from the A Frame cabin is available on bricks & pieces on Lego site. Just in case anyone has been waiting for a slightly cheaper way to get some.

Great! I hope the blue morpho from the Friends' Botanical Garden set will show up as well one day! :excited:

The dark orange husky also appeared today as a new part in B&P. 

6 hours ago, Aurore said:

Great! I hope the blue morpho from the Friends' Botanical Garden set will show up as well one day! :excited:

The dark orange husky also appeared today as a new part in B&P. 

The new animals seem to be appearing a bit sporadically and randomly …

A new Spiderman art set have leaked and it has a record braking number of spiders in it, around 15 it looks like :wink:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A new Spiderman art set have leaked and it has a record braking number of spiders in it, around 15 it looks like :wink:

14 spiders and one spider man?

On 6/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, RichardGoring said:

14 spiders and one spider man?

"there are 15 spiders to represent issue no. 15 of Amazing Fantasy in which Spider-Man first appeared in August 1962"

I still see only 14 so I assume your counting is right :wink:

@Roebuck Out of curiosity, would you ever release an update to your original 2017 bar graph? I'd be interested to see how the last few years stack up against some of the previous heavy hitters like 2013-15. No pressure of course!

12 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

@Roebuck Out of curiosity, would you ever release an update to your original 2017 bar graph? I'd be interested to see how the last few years stack up against some of the previous heavy hitters like 2013-15. No pressure of course!

Oh I think we should pressure him. I also assume he updates it every month 😂

9 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Oh I think we should pressure him. I also assume he updates it every month 😂

I have not updated it in several years actually :tongue: It did not seem like it was very much interest in it here and it was rather time consuming to do so I stopped doing it. I agree that it would be interesting to see so will see if I get the time eventually, my guess is that the last 3 years would would be very high, maybe at the top of the ranking :sweet:

@Roebuck, Yeah, i agree that updating the chart is surely time-consuming.Maybe you could remove the outdated chart and replace it with a simple link.  Like… “Latest News about aniam. Click Here”. 

I just got a baby dragon Riku off eBay and it’s from Ninjago’s latest sets. It’s nice and cute! I like its texture down its spine and tail. And its wings are tiny but cute.

I would like to see an updated bat mold with the wings similiar to Riyu’s. 

Maybe another year to get a proper fawn! Bambi looks fantastic. 

Edited by Lion King