Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

10 hours ago, toydad2 said:

cant wait for the new artic molds. Really hoping the elephant makes a comeback

I don't, I hope it is better :wink:

11 hours ago, toydad2 said:

cant wait for the new artic molds. Really hoping the elephant makes a comeback

wrg84i.png

I am unsure if any of the new parts on the mammoth are reusable as an elephant, so that do not increase the chance of seeing a updated elephant mould any time soon :wacko:

A male lion on the other hand only needs a new head like the sabretooth did so it is more likely. The elephant from 2003 had 12 different parts (19 in total):

• 4 parts are still made today
  • 4 was only made for the elephants
  • 4 already existed in other sets, but are retired now

So they only needed to make 4 new moulds for the elephant, if they make a elephant now it may have less parts, but they still must make most of them of new moulds..

How many parts do the mammoth have is it only one body + head and 2 part tusks?! *huh* Thanks to all the parts the old elephant could move almost every part of the body, the mammoth looks to be frozen solid :sceptic:

Edit: Looks like the trunk is a separate part, which probably can be used on a elephant as well:
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/04/27/closer-look-at-the-lego-mammoth-in-lego-city-60195-arctic-mobile-exploration-base-news/

Edited by Roebuck
New info

The Underminer Bank Heist 10760 has a parrot in white for the first time, as far as I can see it is the updated mould, but bricklink has it placed with the old parrot for now (probably wrong)..

Is there a thread where people discuss their animal collection or compare animal moulds or colors? I diddn't find anything similar. Just this one. 

I've ordered the new pink pig and doesn't seem so bad as first, the eyes and pink color go quite well with other pigs. i guess i can start a pig farm, lol. 

27955774738_26fd50f7b5_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

1 hour ago, cebelicamya said:

Is there a thread where people discuss their animal collection or compare animal moulds or colors? I diddn't find anything similar. Just this one. 

I've ordered the new pink pig and doesn't seem so bad as first, the eyes and pink color go quite well with other pigs. i guess i can start a pig farm, lol.

You have come to the right place :wink: Nice comparison of pigs (still missing one to complete your collection :tongue:). The pink pig is definitely one of the better animals I put in the unnatural category, but it has doll eyes :wacko: That said I will probably acquire a couple since they are so close to what I like to call "normal" Lego animals :classic:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

You have come to the right place :wink: Nice comparison of pigs (still missing one to complete your collection :tongue:). The pink pig is definitely one of the better animals I put in the unnatural category, but it has doll eyes :wacko: That said I will probably acquire a couple since they are so close to what I like to call "normal" Lego animals :classic:

Yes i missed the one with the black spots that came out couple of years ago. Will have to buy it on bricklink to complete pig collection. I also thought that because of doll eyes pink pig will stand out to much, but it does not. That is why i made that picture in the first place. What do you mean by "normal"? Farm animals? 

And my guess for next animal mold is: fox

and i would also love that lego makes goats ?  again, they only came in one set! ? And they looked so cute!

Edited by cebelicamya

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think the orca is happening for this wave of artic sets

Fear the same. But isn't there still an unallocated City set number, rumoured to be a large Arctic exclusive set?

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Fear the same. But isn't there still an unallocated City set number, rumoured to be a large Arctic exclusive set?

That might belong to the new city capital set

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That might belong to the new city capital set

We could very well have yet another canceled set on our hands for this year. :sad:

By the way, who was the source of those rumors again?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We could very well have yet another canceled set on our hands for this year. :sad:

By the way, who was the source of those rumors again?

The orca rumor was originally said by @Sir von Lego

14 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Yes i missed the one with the black spots that came out couple of years ago. Will have to buy it on bricklink to complete pig collection. I also thought that because of doll eyes pink pig will stand out to much, but it does not. That is why i made that picture in the first place. What do you mean by "normal"? Farm animals? 

And my guess for next animal mold is: fox

and i would also love that lego makes goats ?  again, they only came in one set! ? And they looked so cute!

With normal I mean Lego animals that are made to look like real animals, not like minidoll animals with rounded features, doll eyes etc to make them look cuter..
A fox wound be great and the return of the goat in a new colour also :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think the orca is happening for this wave of artic sets

Well all hope is not out, but it is not promising at the moment :sceptic:
There have been rumours about a killer whale, caveman, mammoth and saber tooth in the Arctic wave. We got the two former there, but the caveman turned up in another city set.  It is possible the same apply for the orca, but we are soon running out of sets.. Pretty sure it is not in HP or FB :tongue:

Even if th set - with orca - has been cancelled, you'd think we'll see the fig for sale as in "fell off the back of a lorry parked outside a Chinese factory"

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Even if th set - with orca - has been cancelled, you'd think we'll see the fig for sale as in "fell off the back of a lorry parked outside a Chinese factory"

Probably not, unless the set was in production and then was canceled halfway through the run :sceptic: I assume most sets that get canceled get the boot before they have started to mass produce them.. If Willy is free, but not in released in a set, it will without doubt be the most expensive Lego animal mould ever :wacko:

Lego made a prototype mould of a buffalo for the indians theme in 1997, but unfortunately it was never released in a set, lets hope that is not the case now as well :cry_sad:

I saw a leak of the new white owl from Harry Potter.  It looks a lot like the old one, but I'm glad they will be readily available!

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I saw a leak of the new white owl from Harry Potter.  It looks a lot like the old one, but I'm glad they will be readily available!

Bricks and Pieces :wink:

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Bricks and Pieces :wink:

Are they currently available?  What are their Element Numbers?

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yes, hopefully there are a lot of owls in the new sets, strange there is only one in the GH set. They are very good looking and I do not mind having a few more of them in my collection :sweet:

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Are they currently available?  What are their Element Numbers?

I assume we have to wait for the release of sets before they show up there :classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I assume we have to wait for the release of sets before they show up there :classic:

I doubt these will be made available there because they are licensed.

I'd like to see and to get a beautiful wolf. As a recolored one, I still would love a new cobra (from CMF) in dark red and black.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

I doubt these will be made available there because they are licensed.

Yes, could be the lobster all over again, but hope not :look: