Khaled Yousef

[MOC] Millennium Falcon (40th Anniversary)

23 hours ago, driving_that_train said:

Wow! I think the scale on this one might be perfect for minifigs. I like the hallway design as well.

P.S. if you ever get around to making instructions for this build I'd pay good money for them...

Thanks, if I learned how to make instructions some day I'll send it to you for free; you'll need the money for buying all the expensive parts :wink:

My MOC got blogged today by BrickNerd :cry_happy: Check it out.

http://bricknerd.com/home/the-fastest-hunk-of-junk-in-the-galaxy-2-2017

14 minutes ago, Khaled Yousef said:

Thanks, if I learned how to make instructions some day I'll send it to you for free; you'll need the money for buying all the expensive parts :wink:

My MOC got blogged today by BrickNerd :cry_happy: Check it out.

http://bricknerd.com/home/the-fastest-hunk-of-junk-in-the-galaxy-2-2017

Nice!! If you ever get around to it, I think the easiest thing to do would be to rebuilt it in LDD.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, driving_that_train said:

Nice!! If you ever get around to it, I think the easiest thing to do would be to rebuilt it in LDD.

Of course, my target is to learn LDD and redesign the ship in a more professional way and be able to make instructions and part list.

Now for some more pics.

34210210864_b3c797c9d2_b.jpgLEGO Star Wars - Millennium Falcon 12 4K by Khaled Yousef, on Flickr

34210210914_01e471a2e6_b.jpgLEGO Star Wars - Millennium Falcon 13 4K by Khaled Yousef, on Flickr

34210210974_2cda0cc22b_b.jpgLEGO Star Wars - Millennium Falcon 14 4K by Khaled Yousef, on Flickr

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, chapototo said:

amazing job!

Would love to see some pictures of the technic frame :classic:

Thanks. I will be re-building the whole thing again to achieve a stronger frame and create more space for more interior features, and this time I will be taking WIP pictures that shows every step inside out.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, ChiefPie said:

This is excellent! Love it!

Thanks for the complements :sweet:

Edited by Khaled Yousef

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:11 PM, jhaelego said:

This is a beautiful build Great job.

Thanks jhaelego; I'm following the progress of your awesome Falcon too on Flickr, such an incredible build.

HOLY JEDI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a superb moc and you should be very proud of yourself. Work of art this is !

Just one small picky thing, has anyone ever managed to build a working access port/top hatch so that Luke can be rescued from that weather vain on the underside of Cloud City?

(Probably impossible at this scale but I thought I would ask !)

3 hours ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

HOLY JEDI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a superb moc and you should be very proud of yourself. Work of art this is !

Just one small picky thing, has anyone ever managed to build a working access port/top hatch so that Luke can be rescued from that weather vain on the underside of Cloud City?

(Probably impossible at this scale but I thought I would ask !)

Actually this is a good idea, and it's not impossible at this scale, though it would just be 2*2 opening and won't fit a minifig through, but it would still be a nice detail and play feature to add.

This is a fantastic MF!  Very well done. Would love to own something like this.  Can I add my vote to recreate this beauty in LDD so parts list and instructions would be available?  I would be happy to help in any way and would gladly pay for the finished product!

Wanted to make sure I commented on how great this falcon moc is.  I would want to build one just like yours given the opportunity.  Fantastic work.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:56 AM, blbills said:

This is a fantastic MF!  Very well done. Would love to own something like this.  Can I add my vote to recreate this beauty in LDD so parts list and instructions would be available?  I would be happy to help in any way and would gladly pay for the finished product!

Thanks a lot blbills for your offer to help; I still have much to learn about LDD. I will be recreating this model physically, and this time I'll make sure to count every piece and show every step from the start.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, Smack said:

Wanted to make sure I commented on how great this falcon moc is.  I would want to build one just like yours given the opportunity.  Fantastic work.

Thank you Smack. I would like to see the one you'll build :-)

This is absolutely insanely good. Going to be very interesting to see how the hyped UCS Falcon lives up to this one. Don't see how Lego can possibly top this.

I think that's the perfect size for it! I love my 2012 edition of the falcon but this is probably what that one should have been. 

This is truly awesome! Having just finished 10179 and having the smaller version of the MF I cannot praise this MOC enough. It has everything the official sets lack, and it is beautifully made! It is a rather good MOC if it puts the legendary UCS 10179 to shame, I mean. :) Well done!

On ‎18‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Brickdad said:

This is absolutely insanely good. Going to be very interesting to see how the hyped UCS Falcon lives up to this one. Don't see how Lego can possibly top this.

Thanks Brickdad. there are 10 years separating the original UCS and the upcoming one; I really hope LEGO designers found a solution to the interior, and decided to put more attention to the hull finishing like Marshal Banana's MOC, if they did then the new UCS would top every other MOC including mine.

On ‎25‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, Globemaster8 said:

I think that's the perfect size for it! I love my 2012 edition of the falcon but this is probably what that one should have been. 

Thanks Globemaster8, I also think this is the best size, and my design goal was to combine the right look with the playability we all want to have in our Falcon sets.

47 minutes ago, jemakrol said:

This is truly awesome! Having just finished 10179 and having the smaller version of the MF I cannot praise this MOC enough. It has everything the official sets lack, and it is beautifully made! It is a rather good MOC if it puts the legendary UCS 10179 to shame, I mean. :) Well done!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you think my MOC bested the retiring UCS, the new UCS however might change that score. But until that happens I'll enjoy your great complements as much as I can.

This is quite the perfect falcon man ! Love how everything looks, everything looks as it should, great job !

On 6/28/2017 at 9:36 AM, jemakrol said:

I also have the UCS and 7965 Falcons, and this Mod has a better exterior AND interior than 7965 and the exterior is probably a tie with the UCS (which has no commendable interior.) However, have you though about designing your own cockpit? That 7965 one is way too long. The one I made for the 7965 is probably too small and basic, but just a thought.

First of all, fantastic moc.The fact that it is smaller than the ucs but still has a beautiful exterior AND an interior really puts the 2007 ucs to shame.

Second, it would mean the world to me if you posted some pictures of the panels covering the ship, because im trying to copy your exterior for my falcon and can't really figure out what you did from the pictures.

Once again, incredible work.

Holy cow.  I just stumbled across this and I must say it is 100% better in every way compared to the new 2017 UCS one.  I'd be happy to help you re-create it in LDD.