Finally being on vacations , found time to build this bot ( 3-4 hours approx.) Luckily I decided to re-read the rules , because I thought that the entry time already had ended:laugh: Video will come later this weekend.

Blood, bare bones and greeny skin - this is "Monsta"
640x427.jpg

640x427.jpg

For some reason the images are gone , but you still can see them here: http://bricksafe.com/pages/LXF/monsta

Edited by LXF

This is the most vibrant appearing bot in the contest yet, looks damn awesome, love the colors and the play with the forms here. 

Thanks!
Video available now: 

Edited by LXF

The best looking bot so far!

I love the power-layout as well, i was just wondering, can one batterybox handle the buggy motor? looks to me if the spinner gets stalled the thermal protector would kick in leaving the bot dead in the water.

I tried 2 buggy motors on 2 battery boxes in my own design, that even gave me issues with the protectors, my design requires alot more torque though.

But lovely work! if i get to vote (new here) you will surely get my vote for looks!

5 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

I love the power-layout as well, i was just wondering, can one batterybox handle the buggy motor? looks to me if the spinner gets stalled the thermal protector would kick in leaving the bot dead in the water.

Thanks! So far I had no thermal protection problems, but, as far as I'm concerned, the new generation battery boxes have better thermal protection that allows more current. I tried stalling the motor, but no protection kick in. 

Hmm you have any idea how much current they allow? stalled buggy motors take about 1,6A which is alot.. i wasn't aware there are different type of these boxes, any way to determine them? id love to do some testing.