Sign in to follow this  
Andy D

Another Hover bike alternate for the BMW 42063

I was looking around on YouTube the other day and I found these videos  by Milan "grohl666" Reindl.

They are of an alternate model for the BMW 42063, a very nice hover bike.. 

The first is a demonstration of the features…

The second is a how-to video. Has anyone built this or any other model that has a 27 minute Youtube video as instruction.  I’m just not sure how well that would work out of me.  I really want to build it, maybe I will try. 

I accidentally put the demonstration video in twice, can someone please fix it for me... Jim... Help!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I hate to reply to my own topic, but I think I want to build this. 

What are some tips for building from a video?

i am considering downloading the video and importing it into iMovie to have frame control.

Has anyone tried this? Or any other ideas.

TIA

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

On 4/6/2017 at 11:09 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Hi!

I just pause the video at each step and do it, then play it to the next, and so on. It hasn't failed me yet:laugh:

Has anyone else tried to build this? I am in the process of building it now.  Instead of pause-play, I just have the video in constant pause mode and I am using the arrow keys to advance and back-uo the video.  

I have spent about  2 hours so far and I am at the 5:49 point in the video.  A this rate I have about 4 or 5 hours left. It is rather disconcerting following the video as Milan made a video of the disassembly, then reversed the video to  provide build instructions, it still works well, though sometimes his hand is in the way off something I would like to see, but I just keep scrolling around  until I see what I need to proceed.

Overall, this is more difficult than building from PDF instructions, but still fun and challenging (what I like in a Technic build). I want to thank him (if he reads this forum) for providing the instructions.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

On ‎18‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Andy D said:

Has anyone else tried to build this? I am in the process of building it now.  Instead of pause-play, I just have the video in constant pause mode and I am using the arrow keys to advance and back-uo the video.  

I did, and even made an LDD version with a small change: 2x2 dish headlight doesn't fit under the transparent panel, so I swapped it with 1x1 round tile. Here is the file: 42063 C-Model Flying Bike with two Impellers.lxf

800x533.jpg

@Void_S Was it easier to build the model, or make the LDD?

This remains one of my favorite models from 2017 along with the anniversary chassis.

Andy D

@Andy D For me it was easier to build it physically, just because I have one screen and constant switching between YouTube and LDD is a pain.

14 hours ago, Void_S said:

@Andy D For me it was easier to build it physically, just because I have one screen and constant switching between YouTube and LDD is a pain.

How did the "flying" in and out of parts work for you? At sometimes it was a little disorienting for me.

Andy D

@Andy D I just scrolled a bit forward and saw which assembly should be a result... However it was funny.
By the way, I'm about to finish PDF instruction that should be less disorienting. If Mr. 
Reindl don't mind.

2 hours ago, Void_S said:

@Andy D I just scrolled a bit forward and saw which assembly should be a result... However it was funny.
By the way, I'm about to finish PDF instruction that should be less disorienting. If Mr. 
Reindl don't mind.

@Void_S yeah, it was funny to see how Mr. Reindl kept "throwing" parts together, I just have not been able to assemble LEGO like that.

I would be very interested in seeing a PDF instruction for this model, let me (us) know when it is available. I'm sure more folks would like to build this, but I have read that some feel that assembling via the YouTube video would be too difficult for them.

Andy D