Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

A Pirate LEGO Flash animation

Hahaha! Pretty funny. |-D I'm sure everyone has learned their lesson: Never get TOO drunk or pirates will go plundering in your pockets! :P

As for me, the file size wasn't a problem. Luckly, I have a DSL connection. ;)

Good stuff, mister_phes!

File size not a problem here either (cable internet connection). At any rate, I understand you made this awhile back and all, but I have a small suggestion: change the text at the end on the button from "Yep!" to "Yarr" or some other quasi-pirate affirmative response. I suppose "Aye" or "Aye cap'n" or something along those lines might be appropriate...

Any way, the flash was funny and well done! Don't take my criticism as an indication of my opinion :-D (I don't want to be made to walk the plank!)

Actually, your critcism is spot on.

I actually copied that dialog from another Flash animation I'd made and reformatted it, which I did last night on the fly and the Pirate animation was originally intended to be converted to QuickTime format for CD use only.

I was suppose to change the "yep" to an "aye" but it appears I forgot.

I have a small suggestion: change the text at the end on the button from "Yep!" to "Yarr" or some other quasi-pirate affirmative response. I suppose "Aye" or "Aye cap'n" or something along those lines might be appropriate...

Changed the "yep" to "aye"

I'm not really pleased with the final result of the overall project. It appears as though it could use much refining, but I don't really want to do anymore to it. That project has served its purpose and now I'm happy to move on and create something bettererer.

i tryed to watch it but it did'nt work ive got high speed cable but i dont know what went wrong :(

What happened was I updated the file and deleted the old one online, then uploaded the new one but I forgot the original Flash file had the spaces in its name removed. So the link was inncorect.

No matter, this problem has been rectified.

hey very nice little movie it kinda makes me want to make my own movie out of lego which i think i will do very nice!

Yes they can be a lot of fun to make if you have the time and resources. I don't have my own digital camera so that puts a hold on me adding more to the story or creating new animations.

But if I've inspired you then go for it! I'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

That was enjoyable phes :-D The music & sound effects were dead on ;)

Life is Good.

Alas no... That was an a project I worked on last year and didn't even submit it for final assessment. Maybe when I eventually get round to getting a digital camera shall I make another with a more substantial story line.

Right now I should be working on another non Pirate project...

Hmm, I was expecting a whale... Even so, it's a very well done flash animation. Mr. Phes, you've expressed interest in animating figs and whatnot, aye? I'd like to see what you have to offer the genre.