Mesabi

[COR-FB] Old Memories

The Battle of Hayden's Bluff, The Juniper War

608 AE

"We Hold This Bluff At All Costs! For Corrington!" Yelled Captain Mesabi

"For Corrington!" The Troops Yelled. The tension in the air was palpable. It was quiet, too quiet.

32394718174_e7d839c9d1_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

"Hades, will the line hold? We've lost so many...." Captain Mesabi muttered to himself.

32424109863_8dec9f2ec4_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

A bullet whizzed by, striking a man with a hard splat. He didn't even have time to scream. He fell to the ground.

33110459941_a5521eccb0_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

And at once, all was hell, a blaze of shots and the smell of sulfur, a man dropped his musket and ran. Mesabi cursed his name.

33110461121_bff3966a76_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

Another man fell, and the Oleon Calvary were on top of them. The Rider fired, killing the last of the Company, but Captain Mesabi fired into him, killing his horse.

33238953065_2575faeca8_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

The pair drew swords, and rushed at each other, the singing of blades was all they could hear over the roar of the battle.

32394717954_b887ac0681_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

With a quick flurry of his blade, Captain Mesabi stabbed the Oleonese Rider. He pressed it deeper as the man died, watching the life slowly drain out of his eyes.

33082333772_b724790aea_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

Captain Mesabi awoke suddenly, covered in sweat. He was in his bedroom. Far from the muddy hills of Hayden's Bluff.

33110460621_bee62f4cf5_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

He got up and dressed himself. "Today is the day," He told himself.

32394717944_1d238589d8_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

He looked in his mirror. "Today is the day, I set sail."

33110461361_1e8d47179a_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thank you for reading my first build for Corrington. C&C really appreciated, let me know if I'm doing everything alright. I do want to do EGS, I just need some time to figure it out and build a ship.

Nice actions shots, Mesabi! The use of red light sabers to show the splash of blood is a good idea, and I like the idea of a flashback in a dream! Very creative.

For your first build, a few more smaller plates to make it look a bit more organic might help, and personally, I prefer not mixing fleshies and yellows, but I like the way you have shown the battle developing with the different scenes!

Your interior is great - I love the different furniture and the brown pillars give a nice texture to the walls. Well done. I will be looking forward to following your adventures!

As to the EGS, let me see:

1. You get the first 25 db for signing up in our faction thread, which you have already done
  2. Then, if you register this introbuild as a freebuild in this form, you get another 10 db.
  3. You know have two options, which you can do in any order.
    1. Use your free small property license
      Build and license a small business of some sort for a small but steady income over the coming months. (Read more here)
    2. Use your free small ship license
      Build a class 1 or 2 vessel and join the next MRCA to trade or fight. (For a good beginning, a class 2F has proven a good start for most.)
      See example of ships here.

After that, you should be well off to a good beginning. If you have any questions, you are always welcome to ask! :) I will get you invited to our faction PM too.

I like the bedroom, especially the part usage in the various pieces of furniture. The action scenes for the battle are also great. I look forward to future builds. 

Edit: @Mesabi since you have already licensed your free build with the office, I would recommend licensing this as a small residence. It doesn't cost a lot to license, and the return is low but it does give an early income, since you can license up to 3 builds a month. Of course, if you had plans to build and license some other buildings this month that might be a better usage of your DBs. I just know small residences were great early licenses that helped boost my monthly income at no great cost to me. 

Edited by SilentWolf