Fox Womb

My buildings look a lot better now! (Though help is still appreciated)

Not too long ago I had posted a topic about my buildings not looking as good as I wanted them to (read topic here), and I received some of the best advice I've ever gotten through a forum. After reading the replies, I took out my brick separator and started all over again. Here are my results so far...

(these images are really large and I don't feel like adjusting them, so I'm spoiler-ing them instead)

Spoiler

My new buildings. None of them are completely finished, but they're getting there!

There's a run-down house, a convenience store, and a building with no clear purpose.

47T1lXd.jpg

Here's a close up of the run-down house with the minifigures removed. The junk scattered across the over-grown, patchy lawn consists of: [soda] cans, a toilet seat, a lamp, a water heater, a bicycle, and an old cooler. I really like the way the stairs turned out.

AwKnvSx.jpg

The convenience store. I based it off of a store that was close to where I used to live when I was a small child (picture of said store), though it doesn't look very close. Still, I like the way it turned out. I really tried to follow as much of the advice I was given from my previous thread as I could, such as adding depth, accent colours, and some SNOT-type techniques. I really like the finished parts of this building, but there's work to be done.

LDY2Uuo.jpg

The building of no clear purpose. I'm not sure what to do with it as it doesn't really fit the theme of the other buildings. It's the only building of the three that has any interior; it's well kept; it has two floors but is very narrow; and the colour scheme is much more vibrant. Suggestions on what I should do with this are appreciated!

5HopTzj.jpg

The ally way between the two main buildings. It's littered with [soda] cans, and I tried to make it look as neglected as I could. In this picture, the lack of roofing becomes very obvious.

7IETv66.jpg

A better picture of the side of the convenience store. There are two sets of lights, one broken and one not. I had noticed on a lot of older buildings, they tend to install newer lighting systems rather than repairing old, broken ones. You can also see the gas metre (I think that's what they are?) tucked into the side of the building, partially covered by a board. The ground is covered in dandelions and weeds, which I think turned out well. This was the most fun part of this MOC to build, and I think it turned out pretty darn well! Let me know what you think of it.

ygFefP0.jpg

All the minifigures I pieced together for this MOC.

MOZinol.jpg

"Good bye for now, fellow builder!"

zDIwBLx.jpg

As stated, it is still unfinished, but it's coming together well I believe. I have definitely improved! There are some obvious unfinished parts; the top-left side of the run-down house has a chunk missing; the convenience store has no roof, and the far right window has no glass; there's a hole in the side of the far right building. Most of these issues are due to me not having the pieces to fix them.

Do let me know what you think! What needs to be added/ removed/ improved on/ etc.? What parts do you like and do you not like? All constructive criticism is appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Wow, What an improvement! Really has a used future feel to it, it's wonderful. The textures you've used brings to mind all the different materials (in varying condition) that this scene depicts. Well done.

looking at many thing i will copy ;) looking great ;)  and ally way is nice,not clean like many do in their MOCs .

Edited by Romanos