Helge

Retro MOC of LEGO 8860 from 1980

I made a retro MOC of 8860 from 1980. The LEGO 8860 is a classic one that I will call a theme because it is so many private persons who has made different versions of it. 

My moc has all the functions that the original one has plus suspention also on front wheels. 3 speed gearbox, 4 sylinders, adjustable seats, suspention on all wheels, and steering, of course. 

Retro 8860 nr2.jpg

Retro 8860 nr1.jpg

Edited by Helge

Instruction in production. I use Ldraw to make instructions now, also with parts list. When that is finished then I upload them to rebricable so also you can build this nice model - a real retro. 

Helge,

You have been banned from Eurobricks. One of the reasons was your behavior in this topic:

It's not allowed to create multiple accounts, especially not to avoid a ban. I will shortly ban this account as well.

Yes. I have been banned. But I have learned much in meantime and this time I shall behavior good. I nicely ask for only ONE chance more to show that also I can change.

Forums is a thing I just LOVE. But now I shall be good boy. I ask for forgiveness.

Edited by Helge

I make instructions to my MOC now. Then I use Ldraw. I used ca 3 days to consturct and build my car but instructions takes longer time.

Here is from step 29.

Retro%208860%20instruction%2029.jpg

And here he is standing beside "grandfather." We must say grandfather because in 2016 is was another designer, Crowkillers, who also made a retro version of 8860 one year ago.

As you see mine is 30% smaller than the original one. I tried to make a smaller version than the original but modern and make it so you see at once which car is is a retro of. It is not too different I think. It is acseptable. I wanted it made in modern LEGO but with the same type of gearbox as the original one. Not so modern. 

IMG_1914.JPG

The 8860 has really inspiried people, and it is therefore I posted in the Special theme category because 8860 is a theme that has given much inspiration to people.

Here is one examle, but you know it allready from another topic on forum so. Made by Crowkiller, one of many people who made their own version.

27704371230_90d6bed34d_c.jpg

Edited by Helge