Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[OL - Jan FB2] Eltina Residence

32327298661_d4e2d9b7ef.jpgEltina Residence 1 by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

32297209192_28a83608ff.jpgEltina Residence 2 by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Though Brandon originally landed in the larger city of Breshaun, the growth of the city's population, sometimes faster than the number of buildings, has created a shortage of dwellings for newcomers to the city. Thus, many, including Brandon, are driven to Eltina, where many Oleander aristocrats have invested in the inexpensive properties there. Years before, Brandon's father, the Lord of Ladros, bought many properties in New Terra, which later were rented by newcomers from the Old World. 

With no success of finding a residence in Breshaun, Brandon instead stays in a recently built house on one of his father's properties in the center of Eltina. It is not the largest of houses, but it is not Brandon's plan to stay in Eltina for long, for he intends to head for the island of Stephanique. While he waits for the rest of his belongings to be shipped here, he passes the time by visiting the many properties his father owns in the Oleander colonies. 

Edited by Brandon Stark

This is a nice, clean house! And ofc I will steal the technique of joining the roof to the walls (i.e those modified plates with a pin hole, used in cars mostly). It is so simple yet so elegant!!!

Yeah, that is a great idea for attaching the roof - Like blackdeathgr says, so simple, yet I never considered it..... Good job!

Nice little residence, Brandon. I can see how it would fit well in besides the printers shop! And the profile bricks gives this one a bit more character to the facade than your printer.

Suggestions could be to add a desk, chair, fireplace or something along those lines on the lower floor, and perhaps some crates and stuff to the attic, just to give it that lived in look. Otherwise, nice work.

Will be looking forward to seeing further adventures of the Ladros family!

On 1/22/2017 at 5:24 AM, blackdeathgr said:

This is a nice, clean house! And ofc I will steal the technique of joining the roof to the walls (i.e those modified plates with a pin hole, used in cars mostly). It is so simple yet so elegant!!!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Yeah, that is a great idea for attaching the roof - Like blackdeathgr says, so simple, yet I never considered it..... Good job!

Thanks! I was partially inspired by some of your builds. I also wasn't aware that roof attaching technique was new. 

15 hours ago, Bregir said:

Nice little residence, Brandon. I can see how it would fit well in besides the printers shop! And the profile bricks gives this one a bit more character to the facade than your printer.

Suggestions could be to add a desk, chair, fireplace or something along those lines on the lower floor, and perhaps some crates and stuff to the attic, just to give it that lived in look. Otherwise, nice work.

Will be looking forward to seeing further adventures of the Ladros family!

Thanks for the advice! It makes me really happy to hear that you're following my sigfig's family's story.