Hi guys! This is my version of pg5200's Mini Buggy.

I used the same chassis of the original one adding some minor changes to the bodywork, to make it more "pimped out". The front bullbar is the same of another model that is strictly related to this one, DesignJunkie58's Small RC Buggy.

The model is run by a RC Motor with Servo for steering, both fueled by an AAA Battery Box. The IR Receiver is v2.

I also tried a 1:1 gears ratio as shown in Piterx' Gearsbraker Sandrail, but the RC motor had the tendency to overheat. Anyway the problem doesn't happen with the 1:1.667 ratio.

The buggy is small and very fun to play outside on a moderately dirty road. As I usually drive in my apartment, I put at the back the Old School 20x30 tyres, the rubber of which is harder and smoother. This way, when the RC motor runs fast and you steer, the back end gets loose on the floor and the model suddenly drifts... :wink::grin:

32094172101_6b84f3e0bb_z.jpg

32212934515_6e44b592dc_z.jpg

32064155222_78f2a475f8_z.jpg

31402524043_6ceb333e07_z.jpg

32064159902_9b81638eb6_z.jpg

32064161822_c944afed1a_z.jpg

31371552074_686ba6707f_z.jpg

31837338140_04df3c5840_z.jpg

Edited by Like a Rolling Brick

1 hour ago, Horace T said:

Very nice. It looks like it would be fun to drive. are you doing a video?

H

Hi there, like every model of this size it's really fun to drive expecially in tight spaces, so my best compliments to pg5200 for having had the original idea.

I doubt I'm going to shoot a video for a MOD, but anyway... never say never. It could be funny if I get enough free time!

23 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I really like how you used the parts from the Race Kart. What are the wheels and tires you used in the back?

The tires come directly from the Eighties. You could find the for example on the legendary 8848 Power Truck!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=4267&in=S

What a fun looking little buggy, now if only it had buggy motors ;)  how does I function over obstacles? 

4 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

What a fun looking little buggy, now if only it had buggy motors ;)  how does I function over obstacles? 

It's powered by an RC Motor and in my opinion it performs very well. Good speed and enough torque. It's a little beast! The obstacles aren't a problem as long as they are relatively low, because it's still a mini model... I particularly love the weeeee sound of the motor when it peaks the top speed :grin:

Nice look ! Glad you like it :)

I tried to use the RC motor in bigger vehicles but they really give their best in light cars and buggys, maybe the only way to have a "punchy" model with power function ^^

Edited by PG52

nice :)

it would get even better if u manage to give the front suspension some backward angle and add a differential 

14 minutes ago, piterx said:

nice :)

it would get even better if u manage to give the front suspension some backward angle and add a differential 

Not sure I'm enough skilled to do this kind of mods, anyway I would be a satisfied man if you would post the so much needed instructions for your great MGB Trophy Truck! :wink::thumbup:

i was thinking about making a new buggy with the same setup as the trophy truck, tubolar chassis, rc motor and differential... same wheels as well