Hi EB!.:grin:

I need some inspiration for a live axle, which I'm gonna need in my 1:12 scale Zetros

I want a compact, but strong front axle. Built as a live front axle.

Features: lockable diff (pneumatic), servomotor in the axle, 2016 portal hubs, 17 studs wide, and really compact

Springs and linkage points ain't important, kinda easy to make, but I really got some troubles making that kinda live axle....*huh*

Sorry no picture of my current progress, but I'm gonna post some of my ideas tomorrow.

:blush:

Hi, I guess you already did, but if not, check out this big topic with great collection of axles. What wheels would you like to use for 1:12 scale?

Hey madsen, would you mind to use planetary rims on it?, like the ones used by efferman, they are really robust and because they have gear reduction inside them they should save a lot of space for the locking differential, i made an axle like that some time ago, and i think that it could at least give you some inspiration:

800x423.jpg

http://bricksafe.com/files/imanol/other-models/Planetary Axle.lxf

I hope this helps you somehow, i am also looking forward for that Zetros, i already saw some pictures on FB of the chassis and is looking really cool.

8 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

Hey madsen, would you mind to use planetary rims on it?, like the ones used by efferman, they are really robust and because they have gear reduction inside them they should save a lot of space for the locking differential, i made an axle like that some time ago, and i think that it could at least give you some inspiration:

http://bricksafe.com/files/imanol/other-models/Planetary Axle.lxf

I hope this helps you somehow, i am also looking forward for that Zetros, i already saw some pictures on FB of the chassis and is looking really cool.

Cool... thnx.. :grin:

I will take your idea in mind :sweet: it looks pretty solid... 

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.