dmarkng

[WIP][MOC] Tie Defender

[WIP]

I've seen many nice Tie Defenders and I wanted to give one a shot.

I made the wings with bricks and I'm pretty comfortable with the structure thus far in terms of stability.

The pylons are connected with an axle and another 2 technic pins. I believe this should hold up well enough. I'm probably going to mod the pylons again as I want them a bit wider.

I've done like 5 different cockpits, but for some reason I'm just not satisfied with it. Am still looking around for inspiration =)

Tie Defender [WIP]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Tie Defender.

I might modify it, would be minimal. All that's left now is for me to make a stand =)

Tie Defender Front 2Tie Defender Front 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revision 1

Made the Defender almost in scale with the UCS Tie Fighter. I think I am off by 3 studs on the wings as I couldn't find a way to cut down the length any more without affecting the shape. 

Also have 2 alternate stand builds. The one with a single pillar stand involves me having to remove a few tiles at the bottom and exposing the internal structure a bit (but only from the bottom).

I also put a tie pilot in for scale.

The Defender now comes in at just over 1700 pieces and 116 unique parts. The stands are each 150-200 pieces.

Tie Defender Dual Stand

Tie Defender Single Stand

Edited by dmarkng

Tie Defender Front View

Tie D Rear

I couldn't wait to complete it so spent a couple of hours last night finishing up the cockpit.

It has a full interior and accessible from the top hull.

All that is missing are the guns on the front of the wings.

Its almost on scale with the UCS Tie.  

19 hours ago, MaxTube55 said:

This looks really promising so far is it system scale or to scale with the UCS TIE

It looks very nice.

However the supports look a bit weak to me and I would be afraid that the wings would bend, particularly the top wings.

Thanks for the kind words. The support cones are held with an Axle, and then to each connecting plate that holds the 2 wings, I've another 3 technic pins.

The entire central body is a mess of technic parts.

I am optimistic it SHOULD hold well, but will only know when I do build this eventually.

42 minutes ago, Veynom said:

It looks very nice.

However the supports look a bit weak to me and I would be afraid that the wings would bend, particularly the top wings.

Thank you! =)

41 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Looks good!

Got my bricks in today. 

Gonna start building it hopefully this weekend.  And then the hammerhead after =)

if anyone is interested then I'll probably do instructions.

7 minutes ago, dmarkng said:

Got my bricks in today. 

Gonna start building it hopefully this weekend.  And then the hammerhead after =)

if anyone is interested then I'll probably do instructions.

This looks great!, really like the use of SNOT for this build, it adds to the sleekness. I hope your build goes well and you have fun!

Kind regards, Ellis.