Sign in to follow this  
robinnilsson403

[OL - FB1] Amedée's bottles

Amedée, one of the many refugees seeking shelter in Breshaun has found a safe haven. After a dramatic escape from pirates he arrived to the island of Le Bellan with nothing. At first he had a hard time earning any money, and he lived as a beggar in the towns sewers for a period of time.

When the production of wine on Le Bellan increased he could finally make his voice heard. Before escaping his mysterious homeland he was working as a bottle maker, and the need for bottles was enormous. An investor in Breshaun took him under his wing, and now Amedée has his own little factory, built in the style of his homeland, and the investor only requested 10% of the profit. Once again Amedée can dress properly!

31117787830_820ff2e4e3.jpg

Amedée has recently began the training of a new employee, under the Breshaun unemployment and development program. Although, he doesn't look so happy.

31342484802_7be03cff6a.jpg

Nice little MOC, and a good period-appropriate factory. I like the use of those funky arch pieces (and the backstory explaining their use), and the white snake as smoke is very clever! Color usage with the variation in wall color and cobblestone is very good, too, and the green bottles really catch the viewer's eye. My only critique is that I'd like to have seen a little more detail on the roof rather than just bare plates, and tiles atop the black frame for the MOC would have finished off the presentation nicely. But this is a very nice MOC that adds to BoBS. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Nice little MOC, and a good period-appropriate factory. I like the use of those funky arch pieces (and the backstory explaining their use), and the white snake as smoke is very clever! Color usage with the variation in wall color and cobblestone is very good, too, and the green bottles really catch the viewer's eye. My only critique is that I'd like to have seen a little more detail on the roof rather than just bare plates, and tiles atop the black frame for the MOC would have finished off the presentation nicely. But this is a very nice MOC that adds to BoBS. :thumbup:

Thanks! I take your comments to my heart for my upcoming build! :)

Fewer than a hundred bottles? Meh :tongue:

JK, this is cool, and I fully agree with Capt Wolf... it's so hard coming up with original comment material these days :hmpf: :grin:

Really loving your characters' facial expressions :laugh:

10 minutes ago, robinnilsson403 said:

upcoming build!

Woooo, there's more? :excited:

Nice little factory with a good backstory. A bottle factory is a great idea, and ties in nicely in both story and function to the recent vineyards opened up.

I will echo the others that the final polish would be nice to see, and perhaps if he is ever to expand, show some interior with parts of the process of making bottles? Just a thought.

All in all, nice build! Keep it up! :)

Very nice little build, a good colour scheme, and nice mounting with the black slopes surrounding the base. The highlight for me is the smoke, such a clever idea! Finally, I think the only thing which could be improved is to add something to the roof. At the moment, it doesn't fit with the rest of the build being just empty.