ToniMontana

yet again, it's a Tie Bomber moc!

Hi there,

it's been a while, but i would like to present my latest moc, this time a star wars moc of my favorite imperial ship, the tie bomber!!

it took me a while to complete, and i had to make a few bricklink orders for it, but i think it was worth it. i took some inspiration from other mocs out there, but mostly worked from pictures of the real thing.

i hope you enjoy it! comments and criticism much appreciated:)

Toni

(ps. the interceptor is rebel builders design: check out his you tube channel!!)

31383199416_81b8e3f6de.jpgTie bomber moc by toni lynam, on Flickr

30611960323_28d8349a32.jpgTie bomber moc by toni lynam, on Flickr

31383380236_c0eefab201.jpgTie bomber moc by toni lynam, on Flickr

31382982496_9e81f02f16.jpgTie bomber moc by toni lynam, on Flickr

31049774400_7bf2015085.jpgTie bomber moc by toni lynam, on Flickr

there are also more images on my Flickr page. @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/125494760@N04/

Love the assembly on the payload pod. Specially the nose of it. 

The Twin Ion Engines in the rear are pretty elegant in their simplicity. One almost wonders how this thing moved at all. 

Great job!

Ok so this leaves a question begging to be asked. This proves a decent tie bomber can be made as a system set, why hasn't TLG done this already?! 

I really like it, it looks clean, uncluttered, just the right details, tidy, and looks pretty solid (is it solid?) excellent t job! What is the interior like? Is the structure inside the bomb pod bit empty or full of beams etc holding it together?

Thanks for the comments:) its quite sturdy and can be picked up one handed from the middle bit, but i wouldnt swoosh it lol. its mostly hollow inside, just some snot bricks on side of fuselages to hold the curve bits on, and so e bricks inside mostly to support the roofs. i forgot to take a picture of the cockpit, but its pretty standard. 

Also, theres hardly any technic in this moc

Thanks, toni

Edited by ToniMontana