Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 bigfigs?? I'm hoping that they don't redo what they did with the 2017 hulk set. 375 pieces for $60 is terrible for that marvel set. Anyway I don't think that mutant leader is iconic enough to warrant a bigfig.

11 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Lego figure milestones: first Lego figure with nipples. :laugh:

I think it'll be a bigfig. No?

I don't think the world is ready for two double bigfig sets.

Also, I'm glad we finally have confirmation of best Bat-rogue. (It's Two-face, duh)

Agreed, I imagine they'll just go all out with a muscly torso print rather than making him a big fig. Also, could this warrant a Bat-Tank, like out of TDKR? It would be fitting with Mutant Leader in the set.

If the scarecrow set was bigger maybe we could get the bat-zepplin amd scarecrow's copter could be a side build. It's not going to happen but one can hope.

51 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Just slap that figure in a Dimensions pack and we could have a Paul Blart Story Pack!:sweet:

And with a little modification (Dr. Who head and hair maybe?) we could have our first figure of Vic Dibitetto/his character in the movie. :excited: :tongue: :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Also, I'm glad we finally have confirmation of best Bat-rogue. (It's Two-face, duh)

Obviously!

I'm very glad that he has his own set! I can't afford much but I might just buy that. :classic: Can't wait for pictures!

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I was wondering about that. He actually isn't that much bigger than Bats in the comic. 

I'm hoping a bigfig though, that way I can moc up minifig mutant gang members and it won't be confusing as to who's the boss.

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Agreed, I imagine they'll just go all out with a muscly torso print rather than making him a big fig. Also, could this warrant a Bat-Tank, like out of TDKR? It would be fitting with Mutant Leader in the set.

The Battank from the Killer Croc sewer set is already pretty close/a good base for a larger build.

Everything sounds good. The CMF is pretty much the same as we thought. Hopefully the two Commissioner Gordons come with more generic civilian clothes, not ones that they'd wear to ceremonies. As for the sets, it sounds like it's everything we expected. I'm assuming though that there will be more figures in those sets. Also still missing information on one of the sets. And we won't be seeing pictures for those sets for months so contain your excitment. 

Can we get that Bat-pirateship already!? That is the thing which has peaked my interest the most so far. Hopefully a summer set.

4 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I imagine if they do make clock king he'll be in the penguin limo or the two face set and will use the gingerbread man's head piece.

Depends which version they will go for. However based on the tone so far the clock head makes the much sense since it is over the top silly and campy like the movie. So hopefully. 

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think two bigwigs in one set is a bit too much. However they are doing it for Huld versus Red hulk. However the mutant leader is not as big as Killer croc nor Bane a regular minifig would be a better fit.

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

If the scarecrow set was bigger maybe we could get the bat-zepplin amd scarecrow's copter could be a side build. It's not going to happen but one can hope.

I sure hope we get the Bat zeppelin much rather that than the Batmobile which granted is unique but is just another Batmobile (I would rather have a more classic and nostalgic Batmobile like the one from TAS). 

I went all the way to target and I didn't get crap, then I went to ask and I forgot the set name so it took a few minutes to look and then when I asked they said "It will be here in June 2017. Also yes it's in the US

21 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Gosh, I hope so. I've been wanting a lego trenchcoat for years.

I'm probably the only person who wants a repeat Babs with her GCPD vest and recoloted black Robo-Swat legs. But I'm all for a trenchcoat down the line. :grin:

59 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Gosh, I hope so. I've been wanting a lego trenchcoat for years.

As have I, but I don't see how it could be done. I know offbrands make them, but don't you have to remove the arms to put them on? I don't think LEGO wants you to have to disarm your figures as an official build method.

Edited by Actor Builder
I forgot to place a crucial apostrophe.

If they just try to give the illusion of the trenchcoat with printing, I won't be happy. Not sure how they'll pull off a cloth one though, for the reason stated above.

Have any of our usually reliable insiders confirmed yet that the list of 20 CMFs is legit? I have a hard time believing that we're going to get an Arkham Asylum Joker and a Nurse Harley in the CMF series and the Arkham set. 

33 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

As have I, but I don't see how it could be done. I know offbrands make them, but don't you have to remove the arms to put them on? I don't think LEGO wants you to have to disarm your figures as an official build method.

I would think that LEGO could use a method similar to the Angry Birds Movie's King Pig minifigure, which has a cape that attaches at the arms, though it is a little looser than the coat seen in the trailer.

27 minutes ago, npgcole said:

If they just try to give the illusion of the trenchcoat with printing, I won't be happy. Not sure how they'll pull off a cloth one though, for the reason stated above.

Agreed. With how accurate they've been with all the Lego Batman movie characters so far, I couldn't see them doing that. I mean if they're even doing that look, just a little bit of fun speculation on my part XD

Edited by Thelegodan

Oh, and if they do make the cloth trenchcoat, then we'd better be seeing some Jedi with real cloaks in the future, rather than superhero capes. (But I guess that's ever so slightly off-topic :tongue:)

Edited by npgcole

17 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Have any of our usually reliable insiders confirmed yet that the list of 20 CMFs is legit? I have a hard time believing that we're going to get an Arkham Asylum Joker and a Nurse Harley in the CMF series and the Arkham set. 

I believe it means the Arkham Asylum games. So we will get Joker probably with the Doctor Who hair and Harley with her new hair in blonde, because there is a hole in the top for the nurse hat. I know alot of people are saying they may be the same ones but I think it will be related to the Arkham games. 

4 hours ago, cmsalvo said:

I believe it means the Arkham Asylum games. So we will get Joker probably with the Doctor Who hair and Harley with her new hair in blonde, because there is a hole in the top for the nurse hat. I know alot of people are saying they may be the same ones but I think it will be related to the Arkham games. 

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. The blindbags are based on the movie so we will only see these variants. 

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Yar, AA videogame versions don't make no sense.

As for our new list of 20, none of the sites I've seen it on have any sort of source. I'll believe it when we see pictures, or when one of our insiders confirms it. And @Catanas's "Finally.." doesn't cut it for me.

Edited by rob-ot5000

Over on Brickset, a person from Slovenia said that they got the lowrider for €40 from one of their local stores, as mentioned in their review of the set. Are these sets starting to show up in Europe too???

Edited by LegoShroom