Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Haha yes. Capes and blind bags are not my friend anymore, too. Cut a little (2mm or something) off the Red Hood cape and now I need to get another one :cry_sad:

Really love the new Red Hood minifigure, I had to switch the cape on em to make em closer to source but he does look pretty cool next to the one I made a while back. 

29c6osy.jpg

For opening them I just put my finger through the peg hole of the bag and pull, then tear the thin part of the packaging. It doesn't damage any part of the figure for me.

59 minutes ago, KCMatze said:

Haha yes. Capes and blind bags are not my friend anymore, too. Cut a little (2mm or something) off the Red Hood cape and now I need to get another one :cry_sad:

Edited by Nexo Bricks

6 hours ago, kaiju said:

UK people, the Disco/Tears of Batman polybag is with purchases of £50 or more from Feb 6th to Feb 26th. Posting a picture to my instagram (kaijusbricks) shortly.

Cheers pal! Are they doing the posters on the UK store as well? I can't find the uk store calendars anywhere.

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

They were $5.... :cry_sad:

Bummer, I'm not buying any than. $5 is too much

32 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

For opening them I just put my finger through the peg hole of the bag and pull, then tear the thin part of the packaging. It doesn't damage any part of the figure for me.

I do the same, works every time.

1 minute ago, lowbike1 said:

Bummer, I'm not buying any than. $5 is too much

It's a lot, $100 for all 20. I'm hoping TRU does a promotion like they have sometimes done in the past.

Does anyone have a list of which sets are exclusive to which store? I did some searching and didn't really find any concrete information. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Stryker
Typo

2 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Does anyone have a list of which sets are exclusive to which store? I did some searching and didn't really find any concrete information. Thanks in advance. 

Penguin Limo - Target

Arkham - Toys"R"Us

Pizza Trap - Walmart

Last week my son picked up the Mr. Freeze set. While it is on my list of sets to purchase down the road I was glad he picked it up and was excited to build it and I will say it is one of the coolest sets ever! I love the Freeze Mech, Mr. Freeze is an awesome minifigure, and a cool little side build. I am still looking forward to picking this up for myself at a later date as well as many of the smaller sets which are all so cool. Once I told my son that you can combine some of the sets to make a bigger diorama he was all over that and is excited about the others as well. I fear that once the movie comes out it will be all Batman all the time. :)

I found the blind bags at Meijer yesterday. They were $3.99 I managed to identify 19 of them with no problem.  I'm only missing Zodiac now.  I ended up buying the Penguin set this morning when I stopped by Target. Walmart had most of the sets and they were a little cheaper than retail. I picked up the Scarecrow set for $16.82 and the Riddler car for $28.I noticed the Bat cave was $88 and the Killer Croc set was $64. I might have to go back and pick up some more sets depending on how bad the news from the plumber is today, if he ever shows. 

I just saw a very nice sticker in the Arkham Asylum set; extremely useful for a Gotham City doc and just a great reference to the character's past in general. Idk if you guys have seen it yet so I put it in spoiler tags but it is not a spoiler in any way, shape, or form.

First time I actually thought of buying a set just for a sticker rather than for builds or minifigs. :tongue: jk

Spoiler

I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT!!! :excited: :excited: So awesome! Also some really cool Riddler and Joker oriented stickers in the lot. :thumbup:

Lego 70912 - The Batman Movie - Arham Asylum

Lego 70912 - The Batman Movie - Arham Asylum

Edited by Legocity2713

Just went to my hometown Lego store and picked up these goodies. Gonna wait for a little bit before I build em though. 

205b682.jpg

Grabbed 16 cmfs at Target, and only 2 were duplicate. Even better, one of the dups was Lobster Loving Batman, which is insanely useful to have a spare of.

I went to ToysRUs and they had all the sets but every one was at least $6 overpriced. Is that happening for anyone else is it just my store?

10 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

I went to ToysRUs and they had all the sets but every one was at least $6 overpriced. Is that happening for anyone else is it just my store?

In my experience every Toys R Us does that with all the sets. I usually never buy from them if I can avoid it.

3 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Cheers pal! Are they doing the posters on the UK store as well? I can't find the uk store calendars anywhere.

There's nothing in the newsletter about posters.

Might go to Walmart tomorrow to pick up the Scarecrow set and a few minifigures.

Just now, Monkey Joe said:

Dang, King Tuts helmet ruins his cape :sceptic:

Doesn't the piece on Red Hood ruin his cape too?

Anybody finding the Jan. 1 sets at target? I have been to 6 targets in the last two days and haven't found any despite brickseek saying they all have at least 3 of every set

Egmont (who are releasing the activity book with Highlander/Braveheart/Whatever Batman) will publish a LEGO Batman annual in Autumn of 2017 which is also due to come with a minifigure.

4 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Might go to Walmart tomorrow to pick up the Scarecrow set and a few minifigures.

Doesn't the piece on Red Hood ruin his cape too?

Probably, but I don't have him yet so I couldn't confirm that.

Anyone else notice that the CMF Joker hair is made out of a different, less shiny plastic than the Joker hair in the sets? 

Yesterday I went to Toys R Us, and picked up 2 of the blind bags. I got Orca, which was the one I wanted, and Red Hood. I mistook Red Hood's armor for calculator's, but I wasn't that upset.