Henjin_Quilones

[K-C09] The New Recruit

The New Recruit

Tags: Exploration, land vehicle

30032102653_179e904cf8_z.jpg

"Join Kawashita Group, they said," muttered Henjin Quilones as he trudged through the swamps of Orinshi. "See the galaxy, they said. Earn pride and glory, they said. Ha. Pride and glory my #@%. All I get is a miserable little scooter and this walkie-talkie thingy with a minor upgrade, stuck on the homeworld. I hate this swamp. I've got a bad feeling about this mission."

The green ooze of the swamp clung to his boots. He had to duck under the low-hanging branches of the pinkberry tree while avoiding another puddle of ooze.

Henjin continued to complain. "And it's not like I'm the first one to explore this part of the planet, anyway, seeing how there's a beacon placed over there. Some job this turned out to be. I was better off fighting space pirates in the Sagittarius Sector, or before that when I got to excavate those Black Sun ruins on Ord Mantell. Sigh. The good old days of space grave robbery and space piracy. Now it's just swamp trudging for the latest son of the illustrious line of the Quilones. What would my great-great-great-great-great grandfather have said if he could see me now?"

Suddenly the screen of his walkie-talkie started making squiggly lines and a series of beep-boop noises. 

30665733075_0dea26b687_z.jpg

"What the...?" the explorer said in surprise. 

"Awesomnium lode detected," a female/robotic voice said, like the one on the Galaxy Positioning System in his ship that was always telling him to 'turn right'. 

"Awesomnium lode?" Henjin repeated. "Here? I thought this area had been gone over before, probably a hundred times. Is this a new lode? One not on the charts?"

"Cross-referencing the database now," the walkie-talkie voice said. After a brief pause, she continued, "This lode has not been placed on any Kawashita Group database. It is a new lode."

"Praise the maker!" Henjin cried. "Maybe I'll get a cooler spaceship now, and more exotic missions, too! Walkie-talkie voice, do you have a name?"

"Yes, Henjin, I am Kiri, your personal assistant."

"Alright, Kiri, radio this one back in to HQ and let's get out of here. I need a hot bath and a massage."

"Of course, Henjin. Messaging headquarters now."

30034457424_bd43acf5f9_z.jpg

Spoiler

30034457974_80b739a125_z.jpg

30034458844_6c5bcd2986_z.jpg

30668287695_652105a59a_z.jpg

30632067336_6b1e9170af_z.jpg

30580544951_d787e1336e_z.jpg

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Wow that's a very nice background...

Could we have a little bonus pics of the speeder ?

I think you should had the tag "land vehicle" to your list... It must have some utility for Kawashita :wink:

I really like your trees, especially the tiniest one near the buoy

Edited by Professor Thaum

48 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow that's a very nice background...

Could we have a little bonus pics of the speeder ?

I think you should had the tag "land vehicle" to your list... It must have some utility for Kawashita :wink:

I really like your trees, especially the tiniest one near the buoy

Thanks! I added some pics of the speeder for you, and thank you as well for your suggestion about the extra tag. I'm still pretty new to this!

44 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice first build! I hope you stick around.

I hope to, though I cannot promise weekly builds. GoH is my first priority, but sometimes I just need to build a spaceship. 

It's great to have you on board! I like your terrain and good work adding all the right tags! That can be the hardest part of this game sometimes!

9 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I hope to, though I cannot promise weekly builds. GoH is my first priority, but sometimes I just need to build a spaceship. 

Semiweekly, biweekly, monthly, Kawashita needs all the help she can get. And remember, there is no shame slapping a fig on a plate and calling it good. :grin: