Hello, This is my first MOC post that I'd like to share.

Inspired by my childhood growing up with my Dad's Meccano (Apologies for the swearing there), I felt this was a subject that's not really been covered in Technic - I didn't find any other creations when researching it, so maybe this is something new! Anyway, here is my attempt at a Giant Block Setting Crane, Meccano's (sorry again) figure head model. It's a bit of a colour vomit, but my funds don't stretch to buying new parts of builds like this. I tried as much as possible to colour code sections.

It is IR controlled with 2 XL motors driving the tracks, an L motor each for turning the upper structure and the winch drum, and an M motor for the travelling carriage. Tensing in the carriage cable is adjusted manually using two large LAs. The claw is pinched from the Crawler Crane. It all works pretty well, although the worm/24t gearing for the carriage travel is a bit slow compared to the rest of the functions. I've put a few images in this post. More are on brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=566487

dscf8900bl.jpg

dscf8905bl.jpg

dscf8912bl.jpg

dscf8920bl.jpg

Hope you like it.

Paul.

Hello, i like this model, looks very robust and very strong, the A-like structures look very good and the base with the tracks is very well built,i really like your work on it, is huge but seems functional and has that "Heavy equipment" look which i like a lot, i hope you can create a video of how it works soon, because i am very interested in it, and i hope to see more models by you, nice work.

2 hours ago, Burko-uk said:

Hello, This is my first MOC post that I'd like to share.

Inspired by my childhood growing up with my Dad's Meccano (Apologies for the swearing there),

Looks good and quite large.

I too use the "M" word and base technic models on found in Meccanno books I have.
In my childhood I used to build cranes with a No. 9 set, never managed to get a no. 10 set.

I built a Giant Block Setting Crane back in 2014 - its based on a crane that used to be on the South entrance pier to the river Tyne.
Sadly cut up for scrap many yeasrs ago.

See this post. The links to images and videos are not working after the site software upgrade.

Images can be found on on Flika Album on botton of page 3.

Doug

Edited by Doug72