Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

Okay, mine have shipped and it is going to be so cool!

2 hours ago, quark12000 said:

Seems a bit arbitrary.  The characters are still copyright of someone, Marvel or DC or whomever.

Yep, but this is a LEGO fansite so we are avoiding issues with TLG.

I think we've had things made pretty clear by Peppermint_M that we're allowed to carry on talking about and linking to any new figures that are being produced even if it's only one figure out of a set of 8. And to be honest that's about as fair as anybody could have hoped.

I've always been interested in getting the best quality version of a figure I can... and if it's a Lego figure then that's probably the best quality version there is. If it isn't and somebody hasn't pad printed it then a bootleg can achieve that. Christo's Arrow figure was superb but Decool went and printed the arms in fantastic detail which Christo didn't.

I don't think people need to tread as carefully as they're making out. Just post stuff of interest. If Lego hasn't made it then it's fine. If it's a clone of a particular customiser then it's still fine. 

The Batman and Superman wave with the Arkham Batman I picked up are here. Even for just the arms I think it's worth 71p for that figure. (The other SLP Arkhamfigure that he body and legs are from on my image are here from the same seller... I think this body and the new arms make an incredibly detailed figure). I also think the Flashpoint Batman is a pretty good figure and the stubbled head is also very well printed. For the New 52 Superman It's not as good as Phoenix Customs' but looking at it again it's actually pretty good in it's own right. Switch the head out for genuine Lego and it'll look great on display next to any other Superman figure. Legs are blue print on red legs and they'd got a really good coverage on that. Black line detailing is sharp too. Seeing as the Phoenix version is sold out then this would probably be worth picking up until he considers a reprint.

a custom hair piece ? mine came with a lot of scratches everywhere...is that Lightning Lad a genuine minifig ?

(good to see ya all again, guys ;) )

The hair is switched out for genuine Lego and yes, Lightning Lad is a genuine figure.

Has anyone bought one of the white Statue of Liberty figures (not the copied Lady Liberty CMF)

HTB1LpQ7NFXXXXchXXXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg?size=1

It seems to have an interesting skirt piece, somewhere in between the regular roof slope and a minidoll skirt. I almost wish it had a regular roof slope for the skirt, it would be ideal for Roman citizens.

3 hours ago, wasswass said:

Wow, what will be next.

Pogo's Harley was pretty atrocious except for the torso, maybe swap out her legs for a Mrs. Clause Base

Looks like they are from OLS.

Joker

Deadpool

Harley Quinn

They nabbed the full design for DP from the looks of it and just used the designs from their first run of Joker and Harley

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts
Found the source

Haha i like the deadpool santa. Will order.

The dress of the white statue of liberty would have been usefull if it hadn't the weird thing going on in the back.

1 hour ago, Mattyj82 said:

Thats what i was thanking. 

Anyone got any ideas what i could use for a jim gordon fig? 

There isn't really I can think of either off AE or TLG that you could use.

This one off bricklink could do the job for the head but it doesn't have the glasses. Flesh head with moustache is the hardest part of the figure to fill, beyond getting a TLG Gordon figure you don't have much options as "compatible companies" don't care much for producing the non-super powered helpers or the heroes.

I had a similar gap until I just broke down and ordered the Bat.

1 hour ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

There isn't really I can think of either off AE or TLG that you could use.

This one off bricklink could do the job for the head but it doesn't have the glasses. Flesh head with moustache is the hardest part of the figure to fill, beyond getting a TLG Gordon figure you don't have much options as "compatible companies" don't care much for producing the non-super powered helpers or the heroes.

I had a similar gap until I just broke down and ordered the Bat.

Iv got the dkr version. But want a comic version. 

Maybe this torso and swoop tan arms and get a coat. 

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1250c01&C=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1}

Did penzora do a version?

8 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

Iv got the dkr version. But want a comic version. 

Maybe this torso and swoop tan arms and get a coat. 

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1250c01&C=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1}

Did penzora do a version?

Oh, yeah that a whole different ballgame then, this one would be a good for a normal suit,

Just looked for the Penzora one and looks like the Sean Connery Indiana Jones head, not too keen on it.

Lego Commissioner Gordon

I made this Jim Gordon with Filch's crumpled suit and a trench coat from eBay. Admittedly in the comics he does tend to have grey hair but it worked well for me.

Getting silver and gold arms might not be that bad... at least for a short while. 

18 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Lego Commissioner Gordon

I made this Jim Gordon with Filch's crumpled suit and a trench coat from eBay. Admittedly in the comics he does tend to have grey hair but it worked well for me.

Looks great. Might have to go for that torso or the one i posted earlier. What jim on the right? A custom no doubt. 

1 hour ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Oh, yeah that a whole different ballgame then, this one would be a good for a normal suit,

Just looked for the Penzora one and looks like the Sean Connery Indiana Jones head, not too keen on it.

Thats bad. I got a alfred from them and his face let the fig down. 

9 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

Looks great. Might have to go for that torso or the one i posted earlier. What jim on the right? A custom no doubt. 

Yeah. It's from Christo.