Mencot

Heroica RPG - Quest#154: Confidence Game

If last attack went well for the heroes, this time they take major damage and Lord Cedric taking the brutes mace to the face. Something positive, Blaine finsihes the last zombie and Samantha and Addok-zo, hurt First even more. Boris calls upon Ennoc, once again and heals the whole group, too bad it doesn´t help Cedric any more.

"Does this look infected" Battle Round five:

Samantha vs First (Front) - Elite Hit (19-5= 14 damage) 81-14=77 hp
Samantha vs First (Front) - Special dodge Special damage All heroes Fragile for one turn, excluding Blaine
Cedric vs First (front) Deflected damage roll of one Deflected
Cedric vs First (front) - Deflected damage roll of three no deflection Cedric fragile, takes double damage 20 - 7 = 13 damage
Boris vs Tweed Zombie 2 - Shield Miracle All heroes healed to full health, 4 ether used.
Boris vs Tweed Zombie 2 - No healing
Blaine vsTweed Zombie 2 (front) - Special damage  Bone gnaw - (15 - 7= 8 damage) 41 - 8 = 33 hp Zombie heals 13 hp
Blaine vs Tweed Zombie 2 (front) - Critical Hit  (24x 2+20=68x2=136) 56 - 136 = 0 hp
Addok vs First (Bandits crossbow, back) - Critical hit  = (5x2 +6= 16  damage) 77 - 16 = 61

Addok-zo -1 hp poison

THE ENEMIES

32195436816_0743e1a578_t.jpg"First"
*Encouraged* *Inspired* *Immune to sudden death*
Type: Dark/Humanoid/Brute
Level: 5 10
Health: 100/100  61/200
Defence: 5
Special: Slam and dunk – The brute uses all his power and slams the floor so that all the opponets get fraglie for one turn.
Drops: Blackstone mace (WP:20, earth- and darkness-elemental mace),Leather armor,mead, smelling salt

Heroparty:

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)
135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger  Poisoned by 1 for one battle. Lucky for one battle. Fragile
Level 6
Power: 11 (6 + 5)
Defense: 0
Health: 10/11 *poison
Gold: 115
Equipment: Bandits crossbow (WP.5, Crossbow), Scavenger's Toolkit  (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.)
Inventory: 4 Potion, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Venom,  1 Fire Bomb, Mead, 2 lightningbombs, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 Carrion beetle horn (The horn can be attached to any blunt weapon to permanently deal Bleeding 2 effect) (but also including spears, polearms, handcannons etc. Only swordlike weapons are excluded)

* Additinal +1 health from eating a moldy sausage. (Quest 154)

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpgBoris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) Partyleader
38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Light, Stunned and Poisoned* Hastened Fragile
Level 13
Power: 20 (13+5+2)
Defense: 2 (2)
Health: 21/21 (21)
Ether: 10/17 (17)
Gold:  98
Equipment: Staff of Ennon (WP: 5, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Dark Shades (grants immunity to Light and WP+2 when worn. Accessory suitable for Boris only.)

Honeydrop Staff (WP:10, 1/3 to cause slowed; staff)Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Bones, 2 Potions, 5 Remedies, 1 Phoenix Essence, 7 Tonics, Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.),  1 Icebomb, 1 Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Bone, Grating Stone, Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed; longsword), Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace),  Banana, 1 Ruby, Not so Ancient Bone (WP:2 Club)

aGuN22V.jpg Lord Cedric (wiz)

34-year-old Male Human Knight *Hastened* *Encouraged* *Inspired*
Level 8
Power: 20 (10+8+2*)
Defense: 7
Health: 17/17 (10+6+1**) 37/37
Gold: 20
Equipment: Alburn's Gold long sword (Wp:10) , Hinckwell shield (SP:5, Can block one free hit every round.
Additionally If the user has Hinckwell rep. rolls of DAMAGE has a 1/2 chance to be blocked and SPECIAL DAMAGED has a 1/4 chance to be blocked. ), Boots (SP 2 Footwear)
Inventory:
Armor and Shields: Halberd (WP 5, poison +2) Shield (SP 5), Scary Black Cloak (grants the Intimidate [see Black Knight] and "Diplomacy" [see Infiltraitor] job traits; backwear)
Consumables: 1 Great potion, 2x Potion, 2x Mead, smelling salts, 3 x Remedy
Tools: Bedroll
Treasure: 1 Small Crown (Worth 35 gold)

*Permanent Power boosts: +2 from Zane in 153
**Permanent Health boosts: +1 from drumstick in 153

31207744742_e2a02e4cd7_t.jpgMaster Blaine (Takes suggestions by WBD) 

55 year old, Human Vindicator Badly crippled. *Immune to elemental magic and fragile* *Double damage to undead* *Encouraged*
Level 40 20
Health: 75/75  33
Power: 24 12
SP: 7
Equipment: Sword of righteousness (WP: 12,  damages undead, light elemental broadsword. Diamond can not be removed.
,  Brotherhood of Ylsid Armor ( Heavy Armor (SP: 7, Immune to all magic and fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)
Inventory: Old shortsword (WP: 3)

29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpgLady Samantha Tweed

19 year old, "Novice Swashbuckler" *Hastened if put first in Battle. Immune to Blinded and all elemental magic* Wounded but capable to fight. Fragile
Level 11 1/2
Health: 28/28 (11+7)
Power: 19 (8+11+1)
SP: 2
Gold: 0
Equipment:  Jeweled small sword of swift.(WP:8, Successful kills makes the user hastened for 1 round.), Fighting Corset (AP +1, SP +1; Suitable to Female Characters; Bodywear), The living eye buckler (SP: 1, grants immunity to blinded and elementalmagic)
Inventory: Potion x 2, Smelling salt.

Party leader, please create a battle order. Everyone, please choose an action.
Edited by Mencot

OoC: So Fragile only allows double damage, so Cedric would have taken 13 damage from first and not 53 (10x2=20-7=13).

Boris heals Cedric from the back row before lashing out with his Honeydrop Staff at First. "Blaine, can you keep at first from the front?" Samantha repeats.

Battle Order:
Sammantha
Cedric
Blaine
Addok-Zo
Boris

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: So Fragile only allows double damage, so Cedric would have taken 13 damage from first and not 53 (10x2=20-7=13).

Ooc: I have noticed that you haven´t maybe "noticed" that I had made First to do major damage (lvl10+wp20= 30 damage) I know that, this maybe isn´t the way enemy damage usually in this game is counted but I wanted to make him intimidating but possible to beat nonetheless... but maybe I have to change it to that 13 damage when no one had noticed or thought about that.

4 hours ago, Mencot said:

Ooc: I have noticed that you haven´t maybe "noticed" that I had made First to do major damage (lvl10+wp20= 30 damage) I know that, this maybe isn´t the way enemy damage usually in this game is counted but I wanted to make him intimidating but possible to beat nonetheless... but maybe I have to change it to that 13 damage when no one had noticed or thought about that.

OoC: However there's no such thing as "major damage" in the rules and enemy power is always = enemy level per the rules of the game. If you wish to include a new mechanic to increase his damage output you need to include it in his stats. Otherwise it seems like you're arbitrarily increasing his toughness because the party has dealt with the threat too quickly.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: Otherwise it seems like you're arbitrarily increasing his toughness because the party has dealt with the threat too quickly.

OoC : Lets say that... but this quest is actually running over due. Because my plan was to get it finished By the end of last year, ei I would be perfectly fine with it going quickly.

Edited by Mencot

OoC: I'm all for changing it back to 13 damage, I don't want to miss out on experience because of some megablocks unlisted mechanic. :hmpf_bad:

On 25.1.2017 at 2:19 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Boris heals Cedric from the back row before lashing out with his Honeydrop Staff at First. "Blaine, can you keep at first from the front?" Samantha repeats.

Battle Order:
Sammantha
Cedric
Blaine
Addok-Zo
Boris

QM note: sorry, noticed this just now. WOuld you want to change Boris first action because the miracle healed Cedric now that he wasn't KO?

Edited by Mencot

2 hours ago, Mencot said:

QM note: sorry, noticed this just now. WOuld you want to change Boris first action because the miracle healed Cedric now that he wasn't KO?

OoC: Thanks for pointing that out.

Boris decides to swing at First from the back twice.

As the brute was alone and wounded, the heroes finish him quickly.

"Does this look infected" Battle Round five:

Samantha vs First (Front) - Elite Hit (19-5= 14 damage) 61-14=47 hp
Samantha vs First (Front) - Shield, Dualist challange (8x4+11= 43 damage) 47-43= 4 hp
Cedric vs First (front) Hit (20x2=40) First knocked out
Cedric vs First (front) -
Blaine vs First (front) -
Blaine vs First (front) -
Addok vs First (Bandits crossbow, back) -
Boris vs  First (back -
Boris vs First (back) -

32195436816_0743e1a578_t.jpg

"Noooooo.... You will still pay." And the brute dissolves into a puddle of muck.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Experience:
Cedric: +1
Addok-Zoo: +1
Boris: +1/2

Loot:

heroica-goldpile.jpg 10 gold

Blackstone mace of muck (WP:20, earth- and darkness-elemental mace, user is confused for 1 round of the battle)

1 Leather armor (Sp:1)

1 Mead

2 smelling salt

Spear (wp: 5)

Orc sword (wp:5)

Shovel

2 potion

3 Bones

Skeleton decoy

Heroparty:

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)
135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger 
Level 7
Power: 12 (7 + 5)
Defense: 0
Health: 10/12
Gold: 115
Equipment: Bandits crossbow (WP.5, Crossbow), Scavenger's Toolkit  (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.)
Inventory: 4 Potion, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Venom,  1 Fire Bomb, Mead, 2 lightningbombs, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 Carrion beetle horn (The horn can be attached to any blunt weapon to permanently deal Bleeding 2 effect) (but also including spears, polearms, handcannons etc. Only swordlike weapons are excluded)

* Additinal +1 health from eating a moldy sausage. (Quest 154)

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpgBoris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) Partyleader
38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Light, Stunned and Poisoned*
Level 13 1/2
Power: 20 (13+10+2)
Defense: 2 (2)
Health: 22/22
Ether: 10/18
Gold:  98
Equipment: Honeydrop Staff (WP:10, 1/3 to cause slowed; staff), Dark Shades (grants immunity to Light and WP+2 when worn. Accessory suitable for Boris only.)

Staff of Ennon (WP: 5, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Bones, 2 Potions, 5 Remedies, 1 Phoenix Essence, 7 Tonics, Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.),  1 Icebomb, 1 Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Bone, Grating Stone, Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed; longsword), Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace),  Banana, 1 Ruby, Not so Ancient Bone (WP:2 Club)

aGuN22V.jpg Lord Cedric (wiz)

34-year-old Male Human Knight
Level 9
Power: 20 (10+9+2*)
Defense: 7
Health: 18/18 (10+6+1**)
Gold: 20
Equipment: Alburn's Gold long sword (Wp:10) , Hinckwell shield (SP:5, Can block one free hit every round.
Additionally If the user has Hinckwell rep. rolls of DAMAGE has a 1/2 chance to be blocked and SPECIAL DAMAGED has a 1/4 chance to be blocked. ), Boots (SP 2 Footwear)
Inventory:
Armor and Shields: Halberd (WP 5, poison +2) Shield (SP 5), Scary Black Cloak (grants the Intimidate [see Black Knight] and "Diplomacy" [see Infiltraitor] job traits; backwear)
Consumables: 1 Great potion, 2x Potion, 2x Mead, smelling salts, 3 x Remedy
Tools: Bedroll
Treasure: 1 Small Crown (Worth 35 gold)

*Permanent Power boosts: +2 from Zane in 153
**Permanent Health boosts: +1 from drumstick in 153

31207744742_e2a02e4cd7_t.jpgMaster Blaine (Takes suggestions by WBD) 

55 year old, Human Vindicator Badly crippled. *Immune to elemental magic and fragile* *Double damage to undead*
Level 40 20
Health: 75/75  33
Power: 24 12
SP: 7
Equipment: Sword of righteousness (WP: 12,  damages undead, light elemental broadsword. Diamond can not be removed.
,  Brotherhood of Ylsid Armor ( Heavy Armor (SP: 7, Immune to all magic and fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)
Inventory: Old shortsword (WP: 3)

29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpgLady Samantha Tweed

19 year old, "Novice Swashbuckler" *Hastened if put first in Battle. Immune to Blinded and all elemental magic* Wounded but capable to fight.
Level 12
Health: 28/28 (11+7)
Power: 19 (8+11+1)
SP: 2
Gold: 0
Equipment:  Jeweled small sword of swift.(WP:8, Successful kills makes the user hastened for 1 round.), Fighting Corset (AP +1, SP +1; Suitable to Female Characters; Bodywear), The living eye buckler (SP: 1, grants immunity to blinded and elementalmagic)
Inventory: Potion x 2, Smelling salt.

Party leader, please distribute the loot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpg
"Ahh, my wounds hurt and burn... the pain"

31207744742_e2a02e4cd7_t.jpg
"We need to get out of here..." He turns to Cedric, "How exactly did you get into this temple?, did you come through some hidden spot or?"

Cedric enjoys finishing off the brute, then sighs. "Too bad John wants his stuff, I'm beginning to like his sword... My only preference from the loot is the shovel, I broke my old one whacking the wall until it caved in, creating an entrance... Speaking of which, I can lead you right to it."

"We'd best be going then." Boris offers an arm to Samantha in the event that she needs extra support. "Anybody interested in this mace?"

Loot
Cedric: Shovel, Smelling Salt x2, Potion, Bone, Orc Sword, Spear
Addok-Zo: 10 Gold, Leather Armor, Mead, Potion, Bone, Skeleton Decoy
Boris: Bone, Blackstone Mace of Muck

43 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Anybody interested in this mace?"

"I'd trade the two smelling salts for it. Anything more would be a waste, because a weapon so clunky and random such as that isn't worth much to me."

48 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We'd best be going then." 

"Of course." Cedric leads the party to the hole in the wall.

On 28.1.2017 at 6:05 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"We'd best be going then." Boris offers an arm to Samantha in the event that she needs extra support. 

29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpg

"Ah, thank you Boris."

On 28.1.2017 at 6:56 AM, wiz said:

As the party with the lead of Lord Cedric, move out of the tourture chamber. They head through the maze and after a while come to an open and broken secret door in one of the walls.

31824797481_01341668b1.jpg

31207744742_e2a02e4cd7_t.jpg

"Alright, you mean Cedric if we go through here and up those stairs. It will lead us out of this place? Good, I could think I or Samantha could take anymore battlin' before our wounds have been probably taken care of. So I will lead Samantha out of here and hopefuly we will get some help. Too bad it means I will have to leave you now but we will just slow you down. You have to move quickly, as that mad man Dagolar said, the bandit leader is waiting upstairs... altough it feels like a trap, he and who ever works with him needs to be stopped to get a conclusion to this.... good luck."

29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpg

"Uh, good luck. And thank you for everything... I will see you all on the outside... when you get out, promise?"

She gives her 2 potions and 1 smelling salt to Boris. And the the two disappeared out of the temple.

31904288326_c3597cde3b.jpg31132032493_0bdc75a9eb.jpg

Edited by Mencot

"Can't we just leave with you? We obviously can't take these guys, but maybe if we leave and tip off the Paladin Order, these Zootists will go back to hell."

On 1/27/2017 at 10:56 PM, wiz said:

"I'd trade the two smelling salts for it. Anything more would be a waste, because a weapon so clunky and random such as that isn't worth much to me."

Boris hefted the weapon, "This thing has got gems in it, so it definitely worth more than two smelling salts. Let me know if you're still interested."

1 hour ago, wiz said:

"Can't we just leave with you? We obviously can't take these guys, but maybe if we leave and tip off the Paladin Order, these Zootists will go back to hell."

"Believe me by the time the Paladin order got organized this place would be long empty. Besides, that bandit leader left us for dead, we should at least have some sort of drop on him. We'll continue to the upper level." Boris downed one of the smelling salts from Samantha.

The heroes move through the maze and towards the stairway upstairs. As the get there suddenly everything goes pitch black and a cold breeze goes trough the whole place.

A howling noice is heard again and a green light emit infront of the heroes.

31925507434_ec0d7b6490.jpg

32727774126_a17d340ff1_t.jpg

"Aaaaaah, juuust came to say to youuuuu, to hurry. The defiler as nearly drained this temple of its dark powers. And when it is done, this temple is going tooooo collapse. I will hold it, so you can fulfil your mission aaaand get out.... but I can´t hold it forever."

Altough "hastened" the vampire can´t outrun the spirit. Sarcastic narrator: "What was he thinking!" And Addok-zo isn´t as fast as the others, so he is left behind as Boris and Cedric run.

The grounds and the temple starts to rumble and derbis and small rocks fall down from the ceiling as the heroes run up the stairs but as they finally reach the top of the stairsThe wraith turns up infornt of them.

"Whaaat did ye think, you can run away from meee? Do you even know where to go to find the Boss?"

9 hours ago, wiz said:

Cedric stops to think. "No. Can you show us?"

"yes, I can and I will because you won´t have time to search through all this place before it comes crashing down in your neck. And I know this place like my own pockets... if I had pockets that is. Hang on here goes...."

The heroes are swept into a circle of green mist and suddenly everything moves really fast. From what they can see, they pass a great hall and go through some corriders, until they stop by a huge door that seems to lead into a small tavern.

"What you are looking for you can find behind this door. Altough most of the bandits have left the temple, I can sence more than one person in there. Good luck and thank you, you and the other humans actions have actually freed me from this places bounds, I am free to go."

The spirit disappears into the walls around them.

The heroes enter the tavern.

32740160251_047176ffdf_c.jpg

It is a room filled with small round tables and at the end of the room is a counter. There is a man standing behind the counter,.

He seems to be calm, altough the heroes enter the room he doesn´t seem to move. He just calmly smokes on a pipe, blowing out the smoke through his grinning mouth.

32740158721_da29d74f47.jpg

With his other hand he seems to be holding and turning a silvery object that is on a chain.

32451820981_50856e9c32_t.jpg

"Ah, look who is here. I am and I am not actually surprised to see you! This means either, Dagolar is dead or he has bailed on us... oh, well. Either way I won´t miss him around." The man blows out rings of smoke from his mouth and takes a sip from the bottle that is in front of him.

"So, what now? I would not think you came here for a social call, right?"

The vampire pauses a moment as the effects of the rapid travel wash over him. Boris turns to the bandit.

"I'm sure you know how this goes, we take you in to Mr. Tweed. He meats out what justice he thinks fit for your crimes and we head on our way. The question is whether you'll go there beaten and bruised or not."