Jannik

[SoNE Ep. XII] R05 - Back to the hydrospanner

29281761426_edc6ddefaf_z.jpg

I glanced nervously at the proton torpedos sat in the repulsor kart. Helping to unload them from the snub fighter had terrified me, despite assurances that they were safe.

The rebel forces were still scattered around the outer rim. I don't even know the name of the place where we were temporarily based, but I doubt it was anywhere that I would have heard of anyway. Us ground troops were protected by four X-Wings, the ony survivors remaining from Night Hawk squadron. When news arrived from command that an astromech had been compromised, the fighters were all grounded until they could be checked out. This left everyone very nervous and anybody who had ever held a hydrospanner before was volunteered to help out. My previous life as a mechanic (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=100455) meant that I was the only one qualified to help the flight crews.

After removing the R2 unit (which Rax did not look happy about having to guard, until the techs could check it over and then wipe its memory) from its socket, and unloading the torpedos, I had helped the Mon Cal head mechanic to check the ship for signs of sabotage. We were instructed to make sure it was safe to fly and keep an eye out for any clues if it had been tampered with. An old R1 unit had been brought out of storage to help with diagnostics.

Ours was the first X-Wing to be cleared for duty, and we were all relieved to have our air cover back in action...

29282146796_73b42fc4ee_z.jpg

29237132741_ac2a4a5c3f_z.jpg

29237136861_67532d1712_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

Outstanding!!

That X-Wing looks amazing and everything is so full of details. Just the base alone is an overly impressive effort. A proud display of Alliance craftsmanship, I must say!

That is a beautiful build Jannik. One of my favorite X-Wing mocs i have ever seen - particularly love the nose :wub: and droid port, and scaling is on point - and the other 'things' (platform, cargo ladder/bridge, missile cart) all look amazing too. Very well done- you serve the Alliance well :sweet:

Incredible X-Wing! The time that went in to making that...yeesh I don't want to think about it. Then you had to go make that crazy good landing pad *huh* Excellent entry all around!